Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless problem with home PC

Options
  • 24-06-2012 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭

Hi guy,
    Need a little help with this one. Got one of these installed in the PC : http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=308 After a little research found out this wireless part is pretty poor performance wise! :mad: Having serious connections issues, i.e wireless not even being detected after 5 mins use! Just want to know whats the best solution? Should I extend the wireless range of the router or should I just upgrade the wireless reciever?

Any advice would be great! :)

(By the way, Im with Eircom 8gb NGB and a Netopia router.)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

It looks like it has been discontinued. Not a very good wireless connector card. Read forums about it
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9254723/Trail/searchtext%3EWIRELESS+USB.htm

Better off just buying this, only 24 euro from argos, probably find it cheaper online. Great wireless adaptor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Cheers for the reply lad. Does that USB reciever work with Eircom bb or whats the craic? Bit reluctant to go near USB ones

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Yes would work perfect with eircom. USB ones are better than the ones built into the PC's in my opinion. Argos have a 21 days return policy(I think) on returning items if you werent satisfied with them but it will work a treat. It seems like the built in wireless card is dying in your pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Cheers lad might try that out so. Me thinks the wireless card was always dodgy, it cuts out if the screen saver comes on and needs to be reset. That and I could run out into the back yard with the laptop and still get better speeds than the PC which is only 10 yards or less away from the router! :confused:

Advertisement