Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One X versus Samsung Galaxy S III

Options
  • 24-06-2012 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭

There doesn't appear to be a thread comparing these 2 smartphones, and I need to decide by next week. I'm in the States, so I know that the One X offered over here has a different processor (dual versus quad in Europe), but that should not be the deciding factor for me.

Both phones have been around in Europe longer than over here (in fact, I cannot get my hands on an S III yet in the Stores), and the youtube videos and reviews are too close to call, with many saying that the lack of interchangeable battery and SD slot is a shortcoming with the HTC, but it makes it up elsewhere. By the way, my existing HTC Aria performed admirably over the last 2 years. When I was at my local phone store, I was very impressed with the video quality of the S II though.

So what say you? Anyone with experience playing around with both?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

PogMoThoin wrote: »

Nice comment. Very friendly.
    I browsed the pages on this forum, and did not use the search function.

Mods: You can close this thread. Thanks.

Kivaro wrote: »
    Nice comment. Very friendly.
    I browsed the pages on this forum, and did not use the search function.

Mods: You can close this thread. Thanks.

Unfriendly? How? It's not just courteous, it's in the charter, "Please read the FAQ or Search the Forum before starting a thread as your question may have already been answered"

You can have easily said:

How about here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...php?p=78493695

I would have said "thanks" and be on my way.
    But now, you're spouting the charter at me.

Kivaro wrote: »
    There doesn't appear to be a thread comparing these 2 smartphones

You didn't look very hard, did you? This is the interwebs, you make a statement expect to get taken down for it

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    You didn't look very hard, did you? This is the interwebs, you make a statement expect to get taken down for it

I looked at the first 5 or 6 pages of both this and the Android sub-forum.
    There was nothing there; hence nothing current.

"Taken down for it ....."?

Ok .................................. I see.
    That's a tad aggressive, isn't it.

Anyway, I'll leave you with your issues.

Advertisement