Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blight warning for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

johngalway wrote: »
    Opportunities to spray today and tomorrow.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/warnings.asp[/QUOTE]

Opportunities to spray ? What is that ?

Novice Gardener, Me !!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Opportunities to spray today and tomorrow.

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/warnings.asp[/QUOTE]

Opportunities to spray ? What is that ?

Novice Gardener, Me !!!!:D

It means the weather conditions will be right for spraying yer spuds with the likes of Dithane 945 (as I use) or A.N. Other type of blight spray, basically that the weather will be dry and your spray won't be washed off. Or at least that's how I understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

It means the weather conditions will be right for spraying yer spuds with the likes of Dithane 945 (as I use) or A.N. Other type of blight spray, basically that the weather will be dry and your spray won't be washed off. Or at least that's how I understand it.

Thanks Johngalway, I bought four in one seed(lawn&weed killer) from B & Q last week... Do youthink I should spread those seed out this evening ?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭radiat

JohnGalway, I've been looking for blight spray (dithane 90 and bluestone) and have been told there banned and no longer available?
    I looked in Woodies and a garden centre close to my house. What's the story? are there alternatives or where could i get some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Thanks Johngalway, I bought four in one seed(lawn&weed killer) from B & Q last week... Do youthink I should spread those seed out this evening ?

I haven't a clue about lawns.
    radiat wrote: »
    JohnGalway, I've been looking for blight spray (dithane 90 and bluestone) and have been told there banned and no longer available?
    I looked in Woodies and a garden centre close to my house. What's the story? are there alternatives or where could i get some.

It's still on sale over this side of the country. I bought mine in Woodies, local merchants from farm merchants to builders providers have it on sale.

Don't think it's banned, I think it had to switch over to a new license.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭radiat

thanks JohnGalway.

Does anyone know where you can get it around Tallaght?

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Jim Martin

You can very easily make a 'tea' out of horsetail if it grows near you - just stick it in water & wait a month, then mix the resulting liquid (tea) 1 to 10 ratio in water & spray onto potato leaves (underneath as well!). You can make the mixture more quickly by boiling it rather than waiting a month! It has a dreadful smell when it's ready - maybe that's what scares the blight away! I think you have to repeat spraying every 3 days when blight conditions are prevalent.

Advertisement