Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has this place any potential?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭TheoBane

It could have, everything no matter the size or condition can have potential. It just depends on how you look at it. If i where you i would check out the local area, see what services are offered and if there is something lacking you can put it in there. For instance if there is only one or two restraunts, you can set one up there and have a bar there. You could have a offer if anyone is mooring in the marina that you get discounts on food or drink. I presume its the white building besides the orange crane?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bizzyb

TheoBane wrote: »
    It could have, everything no matter the size or condition can have potential. It just depends on how you look at it. If i where you i would check out the local area, see what services are offered and if there is something lacking you can put it in there. For instance if there is only one or two restraunts, you can set one up there and have a bar there. You could have a offer if anyone is mooring in the marina that you get discounts on food or drink. I presume its the white building besides the orange crane?
    Yes sorry i should have stated its the white building. There already is 2 cafe's one hotel and one pub doing food i dont really think there is room for anymore put maybe there is for a niche sector, maybe something like this place http://www.pancakecottage.com i was in it last week while on holiday and it had a wonderful feel to the place i personally would go back time and time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭hytrogen

I spent most of my teen summers on the Shannon, best holiday years of my life on the boats. It does pain me to see how we mis-managed blah blah blah (enough nostalgia) to give you perspective There was a pub/inn just back the town side of that bridge you were on situated perfectly just beside the road down to the marina that closed mid boom time that was doing a roaring trade from the cruisers.. Think that should answer your potential prospects unfortunately.
    Best of luck if ya do prosper a potential gem!

hytrogen wrote: »
    I spent most of my teen summers on the Shannon, best holiday years of my life on the boats. It does pain me to see how we mis-managed blah blah blah (enough nostalgia) to give you perspective There was a pub/inn just back the town side of that bridge you were on situated perfectly just beside the road down to the marina that closed mid boom time that was doing a roaring trade from the cruisers.. Think that should answer your potential prospects unfortunately.
    Best of luck if ya do prosper a potential gem!
    Ye to be honest i do agree in a way,tourists have dropped overs the years but it frustrates me as i feel tourism here has alot of potential.

bizzyb wrote: »
    Ye to be honest i do agree in a way,tourists have dropped overs the years but it frustrates me as i feel tourism here has alot of potential.
    An incredible amount as we have an incredible wealth to offer the industry but we only realise that now it's slumpt..
    I work in the industry abroad & let me tell ya the revenues we deliver to local economies is enormous! I was in a watch jewellers in St. Maarten there back in March & asked the manager what the island and town is like when the season is quiet, as in when we don't call to them & he said his tropical island is a desolate dust bowl when we don't stop off... Sound familiar?

• Advertisement

hytrogen wrote: »
    An incredible amount as we have an incredible wealth to offer the industry but we only realise that now it's slumpt..
    I work in the industry abroad & let me tell ya the revenues we deliver to local economies is enormous! I was in a watch jewellers in St. Maarten there back in March & asked the manager what the island and town is like when the season is quiet, as in when we don't call to them & he said his tropical island is a desolate dust bowl when we don't stop off... Sound familiar?
    Ye it is pretty dismal here in the winter months. Just trying to find my little niche locally im a blow in(married a local) but i love the place.

Ye it is pretty dismal here in the winter months. Just trying to find my little niche locally im a blow in(married a local) but i love the place.
    There's always a niche, I just saw an ad there on tv for a device you attach to a walking stick or crutches, ingenious! PM me for a business thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Think that's a bargain - how about 110 acres of land + derelict hotel + planning for 120 bed hotel and spa in one of the most scenic places in Ireland at edge of waterville and overlooking both Waterville beach and Reen beach.

Price??

€150k

sandin wrote: »
    Think that's a bargain - how about 110 acres of land + derelict hotel + planning for 120 bed hotel and spa in one of the most scenic places in Ireland at edge of waterville and overlooking both Waterville beach and Reen beach.

Price??

€150k
    Sorry you have lost me?

Sorry you have lost me?
    just showing that there are plenty of great opportunities out there for the gamblers.

for those who pm'd looking for the details of the waterville property
    http://www.property.ie/commercial-property/Reenroe-Waterville-Co-Kerry/71368/

I've no interest, just saw it when holidaying there last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BnB

sandin wrote: »
    just showing that there are plenty of great opportunities out there for the gamblers.

for those who pm'd looking for the details of the waterville property
    http://www.property.ie/commercial-property/Reenroe-Waterville-Co-Kerry/71368/

I've no interest, just saw it when holidaying there last week.

Freggin hell - Do you think €150k would buy that ?

BnB wrote: »
    Freggin hell - Do you think €150k would buy that ?

That's the asking price since last year - but hidden costs include demolition and clearing derilict hotel, most of the land is scrub and the tourist market there is only 4 months - though still worth a punt for a well heeled gambler

Advertisement