Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Europe 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Pats have made this so much more difficult than it needed to be. I hope Buckley learns from this - they should have killed the tie last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

djpbarry wrote: »
    Pats have made this so much more difficult than it needed to be. I hope Buckley learns from this - they should have killed the tie last week.

Ditto every other club in europe this season. When you think about it none of the other LOI sides were beaten by better sides. Thats the killer. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

2-1 YEEEESSSSSSSS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

2-1 Pats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

My ears...my ears. That was loud. Delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

''Fagan knocks it past the Bosnian geezer in goal''

*Takes shirt off*

''Good man Christy, take the yellow.... does it matter?? Does it F*ck!!!''

The commentary is gas down at Richer!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

how long is left?

2nd half plus small bit

Possibly less cos was scored in 105th minute.

• Advertisement

Is this the night that Pats learn to overcome their pathological fear of holding onto a one-goal lead?

djpbarry wrote: »
    Is this the night that Pats learn to overcome their pathological fear of holding onto a one-goal lead?

Not now anyway:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2-1 Final Score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

So who are Pats playing in the next round now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Really disappointed after tonight. We should have been 2-0 up going into the break but we couldn't take the chances we had. I knew North would miss when he stepped up, he has missed 2 already this season but on those occasions he was able to put in the rebound.

Fair play to Pats. I'm delighted for ye all. Enjoy the adventure to Hannover, it's my favourite trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

So who are Pats playing in the next round now?

Hannover 96...the 'Little HSV', as some call them (especially for Oatesy23 ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Well done to St Pats on yet another fantastic night down at Richmond Park. They really are an absolute force in Europe when playing at home. What's that, eleven unbeaten now? That's both ridiculous and fantastic.

Hannover 96 will be another step up for the SuperSaints but I know they will never disgrace our League. Fair play.... and nice one for the coefficient.

Disgruntled Bohs Fan, Dublin 15.

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Hannover 96...the 'Little HSV', as some call them (especially for Oatesy23 ;))

We'll be the little ones soon the way things are going :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Omackeral wrote: »
    Well done to St Pats on yet another fantastic night down at Richmond Park. They really are an absolute force in Europe when playing at home. What's that, eleven unbeaten now? That's both ridiculous and fantastic.

Hannover 96 will be another step up for the SuperSaints but I know they will never disgrace our League. Fair play.... and nice one for the coefficient.

Disgruntled Bohs Fan, Dublin 15.

This is how Loi fans should behave on forums.

Thank you m8 and the best of luck to you in rebuilding for the future.

Well done to Pats, thoroughly deserved. Shall hopefully make it out to Tallaght next week, annoyed I couldn't make it tonight. Place should be buzzing. And it should be on tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Delighted for Pats. Will bring some friends to the Hannover game, get us even more support. Hopefully we can beat them, I am cautiously optimistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Irelands European Club

Looking forward to seeing what Dreamers will have posted around the 3am mark.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Irelands European Club
    It's getting difficult to argue with that.

Delighted Pats have another big European game to look forward to. But jaysus did they make hard work of it. Should have been home and dry, on aggregate, long before Široki scored tonight.

By all accounts, Sligo should have been comfortable winners over the two legs too. Ten minutes of madness last week cost them dear. We can only hope that both players and managers learns from these experiences.

Mushy wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing what Dreamers will have posted around the 3am mark.

Give it time :D

Fcuk me the past hour was nerve wracking......just dont get this **** on tv. i was a bag of nerves, they went 4 up front....didnt have any shots on target other than the goal but every free they had ti thoght would score from. serious big lads up front for them.

We were very good but tired after an hour. No game until tallaght next week, germans bought 2500 tickets tonight, german tv paid 400,000 for tv rights, a trip we can all make, bucko signing players up for next season this week.

Thank you god, we getting our fcuking reward now.

and fcuk yiz all your all **** in Europe.....

Give it time :D

Fcuk me the past hour was nerve wracking......just dont get this **** on tv. i was a bag of nerves, they went 4 up front....didnt have any shots on target other than the goal but every free they had ti thoght would score from. serious big lads up front for them.

We were very good but tired after an hour. No game until tallaght next week, germans bought 2500 tickets tonight, german tv paid 400,000 for tv rights, a trip we can all make, bucko signing players up for next season this week.

Thank you god, we getting our fcuking reward now.

and fcuk yiz all your all **** in Europe.....

Is that 400,000 figure a joke or serious?

Is that 400,000 figure a joke or serious?

its less than the actual figure :D no other german club in that round (german tv secured the deal with both clubs before the game thats ****ing efficency).....if your gonna draw a better team thats gonna beat yah. Draw a german team they love their football and pay well.

Win win for pats except for the end result....but hey we played our part got tru 2 rounds in europe......for the 4th time in 5 years.......Irelands European Club

its less than the actual figure :D no other german club in that round (german tv secured the deal with both clubs before the game thats ****ing efficency).....if your gonna draw a better team thats gonna beat yah. Draw a german team they love their football and pay well.

Win win for pats except for the end result....but hey we played our part got tru 2 rounds in europe......for the 4th time in 5 years.......Irelands European Club

If ye can get a draw in one of the games it would be amazing and to be honest not beyond ye...

Fair player to ye this year, after ye lost a lot of players from last year and the only club to do the league proud this season.

Correct me if I'm wrong but ye've lost 5 starters from last season?

Correct me if I'm wrong but ye've lost 5 starters from last season?

Kenna, Bermo and Carroll are the only players from last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Well done Pats, keep flying the flag.

Best footballing team I seen at the Brandywell this year.

Wow mate, so only 3 players returned?

Who else did ye lose, I have it at;

Rogers
    Guthrie
    Bradley
    Kavenagh
    North

Sorry for going off topic

• Advertisement

Wow mate, so only 3 players returned?

Who else did ye lose, I have it at;

Rogers
    Guthrie
    Bradley
    Kavenagh
    North

Sorry for going off topic

you taking the piss?

theres a reason those cúnts dont play for us.

you taking the piss?

theres a reason those cúnts dont play for us.

Well, were I'm coming from is that with so many new players to come in and gel so soon and play so well together is a real achievement.

With the players I listed,

Guthrie for one isn't even good enough for our Limerick side.
    Bradley is good when he wants to be

Kavenagh can be class, but I know he can be a little bit of trouble off the pitch

North is a decent player, who scores goals at this level

Well, were I'm coming from is that with so many new players to come in and gel so soon and play so well together is a real achievement.

With the players I listed,

Guthrie for one isn't even good enough for our Limerick side.
    Bradley is good when he wants to be

Kavenagh can be class, but I know he can be a little bit of trouble off the pitch

North is a decent player, who scores goals at this level

They havent gelled yet and those players you listed tried to kill our club last season, went on strike for bonuses that were not in their contract....PFAI backed them.....fans paid the money to make them play vs Lyviv. PFAI backed an unofficial strike.....

but anyway we over that (sort off unless they play against us then any abuse we level at them is deserved).

But anyway Irelands European Club is doing fine :D

They havent gelled yet and those players you listed tried to kill our club last season, went on strike for bonuses that were not in their contract....PFAI backed them.....fans paid the money to make them play vs Lyviv. PFAI backed an unofficial strike.....

but anyway we over that (sort off unless they play against us then any abuse we level at them is deserved).

But anyway Irelands European Club is doing fine :D

Well ye've made it through 2 rounds in Europe, maybe if ye gel fully before the Hannover game, ye'll make it 3 rounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

If Pats get past Hannover is there another round??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I was going past Richmond around midnight tonight, I guessed the result..

Well ye've made it through 2 rounds in Europe, maybe if ye gel fully before the Hannover game, ye'll make it 3 rounds

We are not getting past a bundesliga team.
    dfx- wrote: »
    I was going past Richmond around midnight tonight, I guessed the result..

:pac:

What would be Pats wage budget? They should make €500k from this round easily.

Come on now, be serious!

Oatesy23 wrote: »

Come on now, be serious!

wage bill is around 350k, i think we have a chance vs hannover :o wouldnt bet on it but think we have a 1/3 chance but it requires 2 perfect games and dont think we have that in us......but we have a chance, we have to leave dublin with something to defend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Pat's were unreal tonight!! I brought along a Celtic fan and he couldn't believe the standard of play from Pat's!!!

Awesome. What a night! What a f*cking night!!!!

You're welcome once again, Shams!!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    Pat's were unreal tonight!! I brought along a Celtic fan and he couldn't believe the standard of play from Pat's!!!
    !

in fairness big step up from the ****e he sees every week.

What sort of crowd did you get tonight? Hopefully it was a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Sean O'Connor as well?

NIMAN wrote: »
    What sort of crowd did you get tonight? Hopefully it was a good one.

lol 1805 official attendance...main stand full and overflow stand had 300 in it.
    DL Saint wrote: »
    Sean O'Connor as well?

doesnt count joined us after that and greg has issues with him :D

1805 is a poor turn out for such a big game for you.

• Advertisement

lol 1805 official attendance...main stand full and overflow stand had 300 in it.

I'm guessing SDCC stadium will sell out? I might head up if not. Two Hannover fans I know told me on skype they are coming over for it. I won't bother if I'll be taking away a ticket from a Pats fan though.

I'm guessing SDCC stadium will sell out? I might head up if not. Two Hannover fans I know told me on skype they are coming over for it. I won't bother if I'll be taking away a ticket from a Pats fan though.

they bought 2500 tickets tonight :pac:

Come on now, be serious!

Ah now I'm just trying to be positive...Stranger things have happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

What a bleedin' night.

Can't wait for Hannover.

Get the fcuk in. C'mon you Super Saints!!

they bought 2500 tickets tonight :pac:

..and I doubt there will be a single trouble maker among them. Great bunch of lads.
    Ah now I'm just trying to be positive...Stranger things have happened

Hannover won't have to get out of third gear to be honest. This is a Bundesliga team. A positive for Pats is Mame Biram Diouf is still recovering from a knee injury and won't be ready.

• Advertisement
Advertisement