Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Europe 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

djpbarry wrote: »
    It wouldn't justify the cost to the clubs.

The only way such a scheme would be feasible would be if it were funded by the FAI.

We put up our posters, Joe or rourke makes them (for free i might add, did the mural too). I cover neilstown shops, we all have areas we cover. Dont need FAi to help with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

dreamers75 wrote: »
    We put up our posters, Joe or rourke makes them (for free i might add, did the mural too). I cover neilstown shops, we all have areas we cover. Dont need FAi to help with that.
    I think the idea being put forward was to have posters put up city-wide, probably involving a few billboards. That's going to cost money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I think the idea being put forward was to have posters put up city-wide, probably involving a few billboards. That's going to cost money.

Yeah, such a thing costs serious money.

Connacht Rugby do a bit in Galway City but they get a couple of million a year from the IRFU. Not to mention the pot of gold they got for being dropped into the Heineken Cup (which from a sporting point of view was a joke).

Most of the clubs in the LOI PAY the FAI money every year. Clubs pay affiliation fees and the FAI give some of it back in prize-money.

Even getting A3 posters is very expensive in any big quantity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

its hardly going to break the bank lads.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Doing it properly costs money.

• Advertisement

A city-wide advertising campaign would be very expensive. Renting a single billboard in a prime location will cost €1,000's per week. Even an ad in a bus shelter costs €100's. LOI clubs don't have that kind of money to throw around.

Dont think we need to for this one, they took 1500 tickets officially and more expected.

A stand each should be good fun :)

where do pats fall short in their requirement to host ties like this in richmond? is it seated attendance or something else and if so how much are they short by, does anybody know?

where do pats fall short in their requirement to host ties like this in richmond? is it seated attendance or something else and if so how much are they short by, does anybody know?

Media spaces and parking :)

prolly some other important stuff

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_stadium_categories

I'm pretty sure lack of seats is the main one.

Considering Pats have been regulars in Europe over the last number of seasons, it's disappointing that Richmond wasn't sufficiently upgraded during the boom years to allow these kind of matches to be staged there (arguments about potential for development in the long-term notwithstanding).

• Advertisement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_stadium_categories

interesting link, so basically a big car park and plenty of seats for the hob nobs and your laughing.

we brought a kids team over to anfield for a guided tour thing and you'd be amazed at how they get away with it looking at those criteria.

I'm pretty sure lack of seats is the main one.

Considering Pats have been regulars in Europe over the last number of seasons, it's disappointing that Richmond wasn't sufficiently upgraded during the boom years to allow these kind of matches to be staged there (arguments about potential for development in the long-term notwithstanding).

Cost a fair few quid mainly due to the camac.

Would be nice to have the temp stand made permanent.

Cost a fair few quid mainly due to the camac.

Would be nice to have the temp stand made permanent.

wasnt the camac one of the reasons they wanted to rebuild over at michaels estate?

wasnt the camac one of the reasons they wanted to rebuild over at michaels estate?
    Yeah, there's not a whole lot that can be done with that side of the ground really. Not at a reasonable cost at any rate. The fact there's now flats behind the shed end would probably rule out doing much with that end of the ground either.

Selling up and moving elsewhere seems the only viable long-term option, unless Garrett can use his industry contacts to get the club a massive discount for works at Richmond. Lots of unemployed construction workers in the country at the moment, so maybe it's not such a crazy idea.

Or maybe we'll have Pats and Rovers in Tallaght, with Shels and Bohs in Tolka.

Yeah, there's not a whole lot that can be done with that side of the ground really. Not at a reasonable cost at any rate. The fact there's now flats behind the shed end would probably rule out doing much with that end of the ground either.

Selling up and moving elsewhere seems the only viable long-term option, unless Garrett can use his industry contacts to get the club a massive discount for works at Richmond. Lots of unemployed construction workers in the country at the moment, so maybe it's not such a crazy idea.

think that would only feed the suggestions from the know alls who know fvck all about irish football for merging teams in dublin:rolleyes:

its a pity richmond is situated beside the river alright they obviously had some tulips in charge back in the day aswell. tolka another example

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Its a good idea if it could actually work. Would bring additional benefits of splitting running costs of ground and facilities.

But no way fans of Bohs and Pats would be happy bout it, considering the respective histories of Dalymount and Richmond, which are part of the identity of both clubs. Also Bohs and Pats fans would always feel like lodgers. Only way they could be happy with an idea of ground sharing is if a purpose built stadium was constructed for that specific purpose (which wont happen).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

TaosHum wrote: »
    Its a good idea if it could actually work. Would bring additional benefits of splitting running costs of ground and facilities.

But no way fans of Bohs and Pats would be happy bout it, considering the respective histories of Dalymount and Richmond, which are part of the identity of both clubs. Also Bohs and Pats fans would always feel like lodgers. Only way they could be happy with an idea of ground sharing is if a purpose built stadium was constructed for that specific purpose (which wont happen).

If Ollie hadn't been involved and the FAI hadn't stuck their nose in Shels could easily have taken ownership/long term lease of the Connaught St side of Dalymount years ago. The main problem now is that both Tolka and Dalymount are up for sale/sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Tolka is a bad idea, the Riverside can't be developed for a start. The Drumcondra end is half a stand for planning reasons too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'd happily share a ground with Bohs, but not Dalymount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Proposal for this thread being renamed Saints in Europe? ;)

• Advertisement

Unlikely to happen with us.

6 people from my job going to the away match, my boss is not impressed with my Saints only hiring policy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Do you work in a needle exchange/methadone clinic Dreamers!?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Do you work in a needle exchange/methadone clinic Dreamers!?

Nope kingpin in a heroin distribution network.

Do you eat margarine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Only if she's kept herself well groomed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

There is a certain irony about Dublin's European Club laughing all season about rent boys and whatever and then having to go cap in hand to SDCC because their own ground isn't fit to stage an early round in Europe's consolation competition.

Where will the fans be? East is the (slightly) smaller stand to the West. They can get the away fans out quicker from the West though.

stovelid wrote: »
    There is a certain irony about Dublin's European Club laughing all season about rent boys and whatever and then having to go cap in hand to SDCC because their own ground isn't fit to stage an early round in Europe's consolation competition.

Where will the fans be? East is the (slightly) smaller stand to the West. They can get the away fans out quicker from the West though.

How is irony? I would prefer the RDS but they wanted more than SDCC. i dont see it as an issue as it affects all clubs in the league.....oh wait.....it really only affects us.

Suppose im used to is as we have had to move our games to the RDS before Tallaght was built....oh wait....seriously this really doesnt affect anyone else does it?

And we had to use your ground before so not really an issue anymore.

RDS must be a lot more expensive?

Plus it's pie-in-sky to think you'd fill the RDS unless you're playing a barstooler greatest hit.

Your rent money will be paying for the upkeep of our ground too - sweet :)

RDS must be a lot more expensive?

Plus it's pie-in-sky to think you'd fill the RDS unless you're playing a barstooler greatest hit.

Your rent money will be paying for the upkeep of our ground too - sweet :)

Kinda odd 15 grand for SDCC, 18k for RDS maybe cos horsies the next week.

Germans have just passed the 1500 tickets sold mark....efficent bastards its at 1596 atm so stadium paid for. Kabel 1 showing the match so most of squad paid for next season. Uefa money next year pays the rest.

And its not your ground, im sure the american football and rugby helps pay for the upkeep of it :p

And its not your ground, im sure the american football and rugby helps pay for the upkeep of it :p

All the same to me when I go there and enjoy it every two weeks: happy out

Don't like the RDS as a football venue tbh

• Advertisement

All the same to me when I go there and enjoy it every two weeks: happy out

Don't like the RDS as a football venue tbh

I love that big stand, its perfect for your entire support (well ours) to be in.

I love that big stand, its perfect for your entire support (well ours) to be in.

Do you not know who will get which? I assume you get call as it's your appointed home venue or is it a police/council decision.

Do you not know who will get which? I assume you get call as it's your appointed home venue or is it a police/council decision.

Dunno if we paid the premium for SDCC to run the show, we did last year and it cost us a club shop :D think we have the west stand and them the east and they getting close to filling it.

Some pats lad registered on their forum and posted loads of helpful stuff for them for the Dublin trip, cos hes a poor unemployed junkie they paying for him to get to Germany. And its their club officials who sorting it :eek:

Should have registered on their forum before booking flights :p

Some pats lad registered on their forum and posted loads of helpful stuff for them for the Dublin trip, cos hes a poor unemployed junkie they paying for him to get to Germany. And its their club officials who sorting it :eek:

Probably a trap and he'll get abducted by their casuals at the airport... :pac:

Probably a trap and he'll get abducted by their casuals at the airport... :pac:

#hostel4

prolly another kid i supposed to be babysitting.....lol parents really need to read what happened the last time i babysitted people in berlin :D

#hostel4

prolly another kid i supposed to be babysitting.....lol parents really need to read what happened the last time i babysitted people in berlin :D

Heading over? Should be magic.

• Advertisement

Heading over? Should be magic.

Yup we finally get a draw vs a team that are actually in Europe, 300 odd booked so far.

used to live in germany ****ing love going over :)

used to live in germany

Same. Should be the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Dunno if we paid the premium for SDCC to run the show, we did last year and it cost us a club shop :D think we have the west stand and them the east and they getting close to filling it.

Should have registered on their forum before booking flights :p

Easily one of the coolest stories I'll hear all year.

Would it be o to get tix for this on the day?

...Europe's consolation competition.
    Certainly wasn't being billed as such around Tallaght last season.

Pats game being streamed here apparently:

http://www.ran.de/de/fussball/europa-league/index.html

Don't know yet if it will be available outside Germany.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Pats game being streamed here apparently:

http://www.ran.de/de/fussball/europa-league/index.html

Don't know yet if it will be available outside Germany.

As far as I know, they only broadcast within Germany, tried a few times for the Bundesliga. Has something to do with the TV license.

Lars1916 wrote: »
    As far as I know, they only broadcast within Germany, tried a few times for the Bundesliga. Has something to do with the TV license.
    I'm off to find a German bar so....

I'm off to find a German bar so....

Best hope

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=166119&part=sports

Worst case

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/st-pats-live-commentary

paul and joe ....

I know a couple of German bars that regularly show Bundesliga - fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

If anyone gets a working stream, I'd really appreciate a PM:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

There should be a few streams up here

http://www.livetv.ru/de

Usually updated around 15 minutes before KO

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

No illegal streams please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

its possible to get it on a sky box if you move your dish to 19 east position but you will not be able to get the sky channels back till you move your dish back to its original position so don't do it unless you are happy you'll be able to put it back.

19 east is 9 degrees south (to the right as you look from the back of the dish). you will also have to raise the angle of the dish (ie the arm has to point slightly higher.) it can take a while as sky boxes are not the best for finding new satellite positions, some respond slow to picking up signals so you could go past the spot before the box shows up the siginal.

kabel eins on 19e at 19:45 - 12545h 22000 5/6 or 12051v 27500 3/4

both frequencies should be able to be tuned in in the other channels section of a sky box.

hope this helps but do it at your own risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,109 ✭✭✭Patser

It looks empty there, what's going on. Except for the Hannover fans there's almost no-one in that stand! Am I seeing something wrong!

any links people?????????????????

• Advertisement
Advertisement