Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Europe 2012/2013

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Patser wrote: »
    It looks empty there, what's going on. Except for the Hannover fans there's almost no-one in that stand! Am I seeing something wrong!

Official Attendance 4236 according to extratime.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

Patser wrote: »
    It looks empty there, what's going on. Except for the Hannover fans there's almost no-one in that stand! Am I seeing something wrong!

There was no-one in that stand but Hannover fans, we were in the opposite stand.

Thought we played well, kept the ball well. Their first was a cracking finish, shocking keeping for the second and lucky deflection for the third. Done ourselves proud and didn't deserve to lose 3-0. Good luck to anyone going over to Germany, you's are all ***** :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

St Patrick's Ath ‏@stpatsfc
    TV audience in Germany for game last night; 1.1 million (4.4% share). Brilliant considering it clashed with Olympics (via @Hannover96 )
    :eek:

Cracking day out, next week should be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Done ourselves proud and didn't deserve to lose 3-0.
    Yeah, Pats actually acquitted themselves pretty well - the scoreline doesn't do them justice at all. Same old story with LOI sides in Europe - performed reasonably well, but a few mistakes and poor finishing cost them.

I don't want to sound too harsh - Hannover represent a massive step up from the previous two rounds. You really notice the difference in class between leagues in the final third.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

djpbarry wrote: »

I don't want to sound too harsh - Hannover represent a massive step up from the previous two rounds. You really notice the difference in class between leagues in the final third.

Didn't watch game but it really is a step up.

H96 are around the same level as PAOK and Rubin (going by UEFA club coefficients) and they were another football planet, literally.

stovelid wrote: »
    Didn't watch game but it really is a step up.

H96 are around the same level as PAOK and Rubin (going by UEFA club coefficients) and they were another football planet, literally.
    Yeah, definitely. I mean, as I said, Pats acquitted themselves well. They looked professional, knocked the ball about well - the casual observer would certainly not have guessed that there was such a massive gap in resources between the two clubs. I think the German fans would certainly have been given the impression that Pats are superior to the national team!

But, Pats never really looked like threatening them much and that's where the difference in quality really shows. Hannover always looked like they could step up a gear or two if they needed more goals.

Nice little earner though - hopefully the money will be invested wisely, although I can't say I'm confident that it will be. Good experience for the players too - especially the likes of Forrester who didn't look out of place at all.

I know theres still another game, but this has been the worst season in europe for the league for a while.

We all sucked balls

Rovers D L
    Sligo L and D
    Bohs D and L
    Pats W D D D L and most likely L

I was hoping before the draw everyone bar bohs could get tru 1 round, when the draw was done i thought only Bohs would get tru :confused:

Seriously need to get wins next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

djpbarry wrote: »
    Yeah, Pats actually acquitted themselves pretty well - the scoreline doesn't do them justice at all. Same old story with LOI sides in Europe - performed reasonably well, but a few mistakes and poor finishing cost them.

You could see they had another 2 or 3 gears in them. They were fantastic in tight spaces. Hopefully we don't get 5 or 6 put past us next week, but the gulf in class is very big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Thought Pats played some quality football at the start of the second half, Hannover were quality when they bothered! Was over with the Hannover fans and they were really pished off only to be winning 1-0 at HT, talking to one of their fans and he wasn't a happy camper with them.

Great to see the players coming over to the fans at the end and shaking their hands, great connection with fans/players in Germany it seems.

• Advertisement

Great to see the players coming over to the fans at the end and shaking their hands, great connection with fans/players in Germany it seems.

Seemingly a new thing, czech teams doing at a away matches. Hannover the only german team that does it according to them.

Tis impressive alright.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I know theres still another game, but this has been the worst season in europe for the league for a while.
    No worse than 2010 when Dundalk got tanked in Bulgaria and Bohemians were edged out by a certain Welsh team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Seemingly a new thing, czech teams doing at a away matches. Hannover the only german team that does it according to them.

Tis impressive alright.

Not really. Borussia Dortmund and other German teams did that way back in the 1990s already. Just mentioned Dortmund, because I was a season ticket holder in the Westfalenstadion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

Second leg starting in a few minutes. Full strength Pats side. COYS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

Kenna hit the crossbar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

1-0 Hannover. Nobody went went the runner from the free, and he had a handy enough header.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭clickhere

Is it on any where. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

clickhere wrote: »
    Is it on any where. Thanks
    Sent you a PM on an unrelated matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Advertisement