Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Europe 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Gonna head to Dalymount to see Bohs in action on Thursday night, first time I'm going to see a LoI club I'm ashamed to say. Looking forward to it.

Don't be ashamed. Could be the start of something beautiful, or it may not. Enjoy the experience, sure its cheap entertainment you've guaranteed interest in.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Shouldnt be an issue, try get one before thursday if possible. Limited capacity (giggle) 2400 i think.

Ah grand job so, will sort one tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

This time of year again then. Started a thread like this last year and never expected a LoI club to be involved so late in the year. Tall order to expect anything similar this season.

While Rovers got the lowest seed it's still a dicey draw. I've always had a fear all season even before they went a bit off form that there would be know guarantee of getting past the initial round this year. I hope I'm wrong, it'll be great to see them win and secure a EL play-off place at least.

I'm hoping for good things from Sligo this year. We the need the league's better clubs performing and Sligo are one of them. I'd like to see them go on a mini run and make the EL play-offs as well. Tall order but when all talk was on Rovers in Europe last year, I didn't see any reason why Sligo and Derry could not challenge for EL play-off places through the early EL rounds. Unfortunately Derry were kept out and have gone back a bit anyways.

Pat's have had a decent season and have always done well for the league in Europe. Hopefully we'll see more of the same with them getting to Round 3 at least.

Finally Bohs, I'm not sure what to expect. Awesome win over Rovers Friday night. It'll be great to see them get through Round 1 as well and get past 2 in to Round 3.

We need 2 at least of our clubs getting to the EL play-offs on a regular basis. I'd see that as good progress and there will be years where the knocking on the door will see more LoI clubs in group stage action. Results like Belgrade won't happen every year but the more LoI clubs are getting to play-offs, the more chances they are of similar nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Gonna head to Dalymount to see Bohs in action on Thursday night, first time I'm going to see a LoI club I'm ashamed to say. Looking forward to it.

Great to hear,I'm sure you'll receive a warm welcome :)

As others have said there's no need to be ashamed! I only started supporting Bohs 3 and a half years ago and now I'm a member.

Any questions just ask.

Also, unfortunately due to some Uefa rule our 3 bars will be closed on Thursday :(

Finally Bohs, I'm not sure what to expect. Awesome win over Rovers Friday night. It'll be great to see them get through Round 1 as well and get past 2 in to Round 3. .

I think our biggest enemy vs Thor will be complacency. If we get through not a chance we'll get past Boleslav, their on a different level to us!

Current coefficient ranking:
    34. Ireland
    40. Iceland

5 Jul 2012 7:45pm Bohemian FC v Thor A Dalymount Park

Bohemian FC
    2009 Champions
    2010 Runners-up
    2011 5th place, qualified due to Derry City being refused entry.
    2012 Currently 7th

Thor A
    2009 6th in Icelandic second tier
    2010 Runners-up in Icelandic second tier, gaining promotions
    2011 11 in Icelandic top-flight. Qualified being runners-up in their Cup. The winner had qualified for Champions League.
    2012 Currently 4th in Icelandic second tier.

5 Jul 2012 7:45pm St. Patrick's Athletic v Vestmannaeyar Richmond Park

St. Patrick's Athletic
    2009 7th place
    2010 5th place
    2011 4th place, took second EL place
    2012 Currently 2nd place

Vestmannaeyar
    2009 10th place
    2010 3rd place
    2011 3rd place, took second EL place
    2012 Currently 3rd place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

4:48 onwards that roar when he rounds the keeper, without doubt my ultimate treasured moment as a football fan.

Seriously nothing on tv or in any other country compares to that, and i a bit of a slut i have 57 stadiums on been to list :pac:

It's a shame these games are not covered. I know it's early rounds against a team from a low ranked league but still, there should be coverage of these games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

It's a shame these games are not covered. I know it's early rounds against a team from a low ranked league but still, there should be coverage of these games.

You'll be able to find a link online later I'd reckon, but don't post them here might get in trouble. Use the PM's;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

This was me this time last year and I got hooked on it from there. Enjoy the game pal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

They'll probably neglect to show a classic in this stage of the Europa League and opt to broadcast our probable comical spanking at the hands of the Lithuanians.

• Advertisement

Player/Assistant-manager Heary has warned against taking the opposition lightly. “Nothing is won on paper. Look at last Friday’s result. Rovers looked better on paper, with more experienced players.
    “Go back to the TNS game [in the Champions League in 2010]. We were the better team on paper and we got hammered.”

He is spot on. No game is won on paper. While both Pat's and Bohs should get through, it's not going to be easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Player/Assistant-manager Heary has warned against taking the opposition lightly. “Nothing is won on paper. Look at last Friday’s result. Rovers looked better on paper, with more experienced players.
    “Go back to the TNS game [in the Champions League in 2010]. We were the better team on paper and we got hammered.”

He is spot on. No game is won on paper. While both Pat's and Bohs should get through, it's not going to be easy.

Hopefully Callaghan has the lads feet firmly on the ground. They'll still be on a high after Friday and rightly so but have to avoid being over confident. Hoping that the feel good factor continues.

Be interesting to see the attendance at Dalymount given that The Stone Roses are also on tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Best of luck to Pats and Bohs tonight.

I can never warm to sports teams from Iceland, having seen their behaviour in the second Mighty Ducks movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

good man hopefully you get the bug and become a regular attendee.

good luck to pats and bohs tonight

If someone is watching this online, could you post me a link via PM :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I see that you get €90k from just competing in the Europa League. Bit mad that you get that from 2 games, whereas you only get €100k for winning the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

G'wan Pats. 1-0 Fagan goal.

Love the commentary too form the Pats fans.

Com 1 - "Flicked forward by IBV..."
    Com 2 - "That's a hoof!"
    Com 1 - '"It's a continental flick!"

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    G'wan Pats. 1-0 Fagan goal.

Love the commentary too form the Pats fans.

Com 1 - "Flicked forward by IBV..."
    Com 2 - "That's a hoof!"
    Com 1 - '"It's a continental flick!"

Anyone who doesn't have the audio link here it is
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/st-pats-live-commentary

• Advertisement

Cliftonville 1-0 Kalmar after 75' :)

Bohs have drawn 0-0 with the second division Icelandic team..

Cliftonville have beaten Swedish Allvenskan side Kalmar 1-0, well done lads!

Pats won 1-0.

Pats won 1-0.

The Kalmar one is a genuine shock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Pats won 1-0.

They should have done better, I suppose :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

0-0 at home in a European game is always a good result, by the sounds of it we were by far the better team, 10+ corners, goal disallowed etc but we sat back and passed the ball around a lot. Would be fairly positive going into the 2nd leg after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

Icelandic second division.

Icelandic second division.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

bohsman wrote: »
    0-0 at home in a European game is always a good result, by the sounds of it we were by far the better team, 10+ corners, goal disallowed etc but we sat back and passed the ball around a lot. Would be fairly positive going into the 2nd leg after that.

One or two away goals will do the trick then :)

Hopefully, that match will be on the telly.

Good win for Pats, IBV didnt look up to much.

Double post:

We werent very good, looked like a team not interested, sloppy in possession , sloppy passing. Not what we used to anyway.

IBV werent up to much, few decent players. Think we will score over there and doubt they will get 3.

Most pats fans disappointed cos we secretly wanted to thump them and book flights to Bosnia on the basis of the result. Holding off means i wont be able to go if we get a win over there next week.

I Commentated on 1st half, Mark Rossiter 2nd half, hes been waiting weeks to use that Bisto gravy joke :D

Shows how bad IBV were if Pats werent that good.

Were you in Mcdowells before the match?

Mushy wrote: »
    Shows how bad IBV were if Pats werent that good.

Were you in makeup before the match?

Fixed your post ;)

• Advertisement

Im sure they could tell from the commentary:pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Terrible match in Dalymount.

They were happy to sit back and we looked poor going forward. Should have won and could rue not getting a goal.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

They were happy to sit back and we looked poor going forward. Should have won and could rue not getting a goal.

Tbh a 0-0 at home is a cracking result. no pressure on you going away and they will **** themselves.

Is this where Pats are playing next week? What a ground!

hasteinsvollur04.jpg

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Tbh a 0-0 at home is a cracking result. no pressure on you going away and they will **** themselves.
    Nah, they were there to be had, their keeper was particularly bad but we didn't test him properly. Obviously keeping a clean sheet is great but we have a habit of giving away silly goals and really wouldn't be surprised if we messed it up in Iceland.

Nah, they were there to be had, their keeper was particularly bad but we didn't test him properly. Obviously keeping a clean sheet is great but we have a habit of giving away silly goals and really wouldn't be surprised if we messed it up in Iceland.

Do you think you will score? Btw we were awful tonight, barely got 5 passes together.

Fairly sure we will score over there tho.

We should be able to get a goal, we'll probably be set up to shoot on sight next week, their keeper is seriously dodgy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Is this where Pats are playing next week? What a ground!
    Looks like it.
    Pretty unique "stadium":
    400.jpg

Looks like it.
    Pretty unique "stadium":
    400.jpg

Our commentator will be perched on that mountain with binos.

I hope hes only messing but cant be sure......

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

Pretty much. Frustrating night.

And elsewhere where you mentioned their dodgy 'keeper; ours could seriously do with shedding that nedser.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

You wouldn't want a rockslide or landslide to happen..

Flora looked decent in Tallaght last year but when pushed to go forward at home, they were diabolical. Pats should be through, but Bohs..0-0 against the Icelandic second division..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

dfx- wrote: »
    You wouldn't want a rockslide or landslide to happen..

Flora looked decent in Tallaght last year but when pushed to go forward at home, they were diabolical. Pats should be through, but Bohs..0-0 against the Icelandic second division..

And you lost 4-0 to them :pac:

Chambers tackle is ****ing immense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Hahaha...

Just spotted the Iceland ad. :D

There just for tonight?

That for the video. Great service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Hahaha...

Just spotted the Iceland ad. :D

There just for tonight?

That for the video. Great service.

No that's always there!

Thats the Niall Quinn jacks.

Happy we didn't concede but annoyed we didn't test them more.

Fair f**ks to the 8 Thor fans who never stopped singing :)

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    Happy we didn't concede but annoyed we didn't test them more.

Fair f**ks to the 8 Thor fans who never stopped singing :)

We got 0 IBV fans in fairness they getting about 30 of us.

We got these last year

PatsvIBVEuropaCup2ndLeg18.jpg

Seriously imagine getting the ****ing same team in Europe 2 years in a row, would you be arsed.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Ger O' Brien's crosses are epic!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    No that's always there!

Ah... Haven't been there in a few years myself.

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

Advertisement