Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Europe 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Playing against 10 men now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Fair play to Sligo for sticking at it and grabbing an away goal - keeps them in the tie. By all accounts they were well in that game so they're still in with a shout.

Pats with a real chance to kill this tie off tonight, but scoring goals has been a bit of a struggle so far this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It's an absolute pleasure to see an Irish team play away from home like that! Superb from Pat's!!!

Keep it up in the second half. COYSS!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Mushy wrote: »
    Playing against 10 men now.

We are fcuked so

When was the last time we beat ten men:eek:

Some complete chite talk going on in the chat on the stream

Some fans need to take a long hard look at themselves

What?? Siroki are down to ten men?? When did this happen????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

monkey9 wrote: »

about 2 mins before HT, 2 yellows!

DL Saint wrote: »
    about 2 mins before HT, 2 yellows!

Jaysus, completely missed that!!! Must have been when i went for a p!ss.

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Some complete chite talk going on in the chat on the stream

Some fans need to take a long hard look at themselves

The ****e people come out with. Embarrassing stuff.
    monkey9 wrote: »

43rd minute, just took lad out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

43rd minute, just took lad out of it.

Read that wrong at first :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

dan1895 wrote: »
    Read that wrong at first :eek:
    Pity - but is it actually against the rules of the game to take doctor shlong out for a walk?

The ****e people come out with. Embarrassing stuff.

What i will say is the Sligo lads in the chat are top class.

I was rooting for them earlier and i will do again next week.(In Europe only of course):D

born2bwild wrote: »
    Pity - but is it actually against the rules of the game to take doctor shlong out for a walk?

I'd bloody well hope so

DERRY CITY: UP THE PIRA

Top class quote from it.

Sligo fans are grand on it, most others are knobs.

Lashing down now.

born2bwild wrote: »

Well since Dave Rogers got sent off for flashing some bum, I'd assume it's against the rules to show your twig and berries :p

And theres the singing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

It is a pity about the Sligo result but hopefully Pats will get the win and one or two more goals added in as well

DL Saint wrote: »
    Well since Dave Rogers got sent off for flashing some bum, I'd assume it's against the rules to show your twig and berries :p

Gary Twigg? Peter eh Berry?

Near howler by the keeper

So close!!!

• Advertisement

off the post, lovely effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Pats off the upright!

Sparks43 wrote: »

That's a good minute behind the other one though...

We need a second to maximise this performance. It's the least we deserve.

Poor by Meenan.

fook

You have got to be ****ing joking me:mad:

Fcuk it anyway

Focking typical :(

Not often you see teams celebrating draws like that against LOI sides. So undeserved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

On a positive note, still got the away goal, but need to win the home leg

Pats never made use of the extra man and went for that second goal. Paid for it in the end. Stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

On a positive note, still got the away goal, but need to win the home leg

I guess, a scoreless draw will do ;)

What a crock of sh!t. The last touch of open play!!!!

But i'm gonna burst through the disappointment!! I was worried coming into this fixture! I now realise we're better than them! Richmond next week will be rocking!

They are a crock of sh!t

On a positive note...
    Oh **** that. Bloody stupid goal to give away.

Absolutely ****ing sick of Irish sides switching off like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

**** sake sick after that, should ended the tie well before that and ensured i booked my flights tomorrow. Tired legs and a poor clearance in the end cost us.

Jaysis.....only Irelands..........wait for it............European Club can be disappointed by a 1-1 away draw vs 10 men.

Jaysis we are fookin deadly :D

Btw How to fix our league lads....Meenan the only non Irish player playing for us, seems we can play football when coached right. Now seeing out games is next on the agenda and oh and taking penalties.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Btw How to fix our league lads....Meenan the only non Irish player playing for us, seems we can play football when coached right. Now seeing out games is next on the agenda and oh and taking penalties.
    There's absolutely no doubt that Irish sides are good technically - the problem is the concentration levels!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

djpbarry wrote: »

I understand that, but I'm trying to look on the bright side of a heartbreaking situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Sickening but the Bosnians were a very very poor side. Pats should win in Inchicore where they have a great record in Europe.

But the co-efficient badly needed a win there. 1 win in 7 for LOI sides so far in Europe. Not good enough.

• Advertisement

Wtf?

I and most other Pats fans expected us to get beaten tonight, quite happy with a 1-1 draw, disappointed cos we should have won but doesnt change the result.

think we have more a chance now than i did before the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Wtf?

I and most other Pats fans expected us to get beaten tonight, quite happy with a 1-1 draw, disappointed cos we should have won but doesnt change the result.

He has a point though.

Our mentality and concentration as a sporting nation is quite weak. This is a problem from LOI sides in Europe to the Irish football team itself, and it's not just in soccer either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

F**k, b**s, b****x, for c***s sake, Last f***ing minute, why the last f***ing minute?

Now that I have that out of the way...

Coefficient for a win down the drain but got an away goal at least. Have a job to do at home, here's hoping.

Wtf?

If someone had offered 1-1 before the game I obviously would have taken it, although I really don't understand why these Bosnian lads were built up so much just because they had a Brazilian lad playing in the middle.

But as things panned out, Pats were 1-0 up against a poor 10 men at half time. There is no excuse for not going on to win in that situation.

Of course, I am overlooking the fact that Pats have a habit of drawing games they should win.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    He has a point though.

Our mentality and concentration as a sporting nation is quite weak. This is a problem from LOI sides in Europe to the Irish football team itself, and it's not just in soccer either.

Fairly obvious our players were fcuking bollixed in 30 degree heat...dont see anything other than a **** load of games being the issue there for part time players. But please if you know otherwise please call Trevor Crolly.

If someone had offered 1-1 before the game I obviously would have taken it, although I really don't understand why these Bosnian lads were built up so much just because they had a Brazilian lad playing in the middle.

But as things panned out, Pats were 1-0 up against a poor 10 men at half time. There is no excuse for not going on to win in that situation.

Of course, I am overlooking the fact that Pats have a habit of drawing games they should win.

Would go with the fact we were dead on our feet, as a pats fan im wuite happy with the result. Simply because we have to play them again Richmond and we have an away goal.

They were poor defensivley but a danger from set pieces. We only did one thing wrong tonight and the the fcuk i gonna slate Browne for it, he was immense.

The Bosnians looked sh!te and we should have killed the game off, no doubt!

But let's not get into hysterics here, we got a decent enought result in Bosnia even though we should have done better. But lets get out and support the Irish next thursday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

Draw Tomorrow
    Last season's UEFA Europa League runners-up Athletic Club and former European champions FC Internazionale Milano, Liverpool FC and Olympique de Marseille are among 18 clubs coming into the 2012/13 competition when the third qualifying round draw is made at 13.30CET on Friday in Nyon – and streamed live on UEFA.com.
    Athletic, beaten in Bucharest by Club Atlético de Madrid in May, and the 17 other sides given byes through to this round will go into the draw along with the winners of the 40 second qualifying round ties which conclude next Thursday. In the seeding pots released on Friday morning, the teams are ranked by their coefficient or in the case of the second qualifying round ties by the higher of the two club coefficients involved – with 29 sides classified as seeded.
    Those clubs are further split into five groups containing an equal number of seeded and unseeded contenders. Each seeded team will meet an unseeded team from within the same group. The matches will be played on 2 and 9 August.

The 29 third qualifying round winners will progress to join in the play-off draw on 10 August 19 so far exempted clubs and the 14 teams defeated in the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round. The eventual 31 play-off winners, the ten sides defeated at that stage of the UEFA Champions League and seven other exempted teams, including Atlético, will play in the UEFA Europa League group stage.
    Clubs entering
    Olympique de Marseille (FRA), AC Sparta Praha (CZE), AC Omonia (CYP), FC Dinamo Moskva (RUS), Bursaspor (TUR), FC Steaua Bucureşti (ROU), Liverpool FC (ENG), FC Arsenal Kyiv (UKR), Dundee United FC (SCO), Hannover 96 (GER), Athletic Club (ESP), CS Marítimo (POR), sc Heerenveen (NED), FC Internazionale Milano (ITA), SK Rapid Wien (AUT), AC Horsens (DEN), PAOK FC (GRE), KRC Genk (BEL)

Draw Tomorrow

Did not know that!

if pats progress these are our opponents.

Hannover 96 (GER)
    Athletic Club (ESP)
    SK Liepajas Metalurgs (LVA)/Legia Warszawa (POL)
    FC Anzhi Makhachkala (RUS)/Budapest Honvéd FC (HUN)
    Rosenborg BK (NOR)/FC Ordabasy Shymkent (KAZ)
    CS Marítimo (POR)

Sligo

Dinamo Moscow,
    Bursaspor,
    BSC Young Boys/FC Zimbru,
    Steaua Bucureşti,
    ND Mura 05 (SVN)/ CSKA Sofia,
    Liverpool

if we get tru its obvious who we will get and obvious Sligo will get Liverpool.

Assuming Pats take care of business in the 2nd leg What is the situation with Richmond Park for the next round? Would it have to be moved to Tallaght?

Did not know that!

if pats progress these are our opponents.

Hannover 96 (GER)
    Athletic Club (ESP)
    SK Liepajas Metalurgs (LVA)/Legia Warszawa (POL)
    FC Anzhi Makhachkala (RUS)/Budapest Honvéd FC (HUN)
    Rosenborg BK (NOR)/FC Ordabasy Shymkent (KAZ)
    CS Marítimo (POR)

Sligo

Dinamo Moscow,
    Bursaspor,
    BSC Young Boys/FC Zimbru,
    Steaua Bucureşti,
    ND Mura 05 (SVN)/ CSKA Sofia,
    Liverpool

if we get tru its obvious who we will get and obvious Sligo will get Liverpool.

You should pray to God you dont get Makhachkala as its an extremely dangerous place. Any match would probably be moved to Moscow you would hope.

You should pray to God you dont get Makhachkala as its an extremely dangerous place. Any match would probably be moved to Moscow you would hope.

Already decided they play in Moscow.

If we win.

• Advertisement
Advertisement