Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Podcasts

Options
  • 24-06-2012 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I am looking for some funny podcasts for my ipod on my walks. Something funny to cheer me up would be great.
    Does anyone have any reccomendations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Comedy Bang Bang. Can't recommend it highly enough. Though the latest episode is a weak one so I'd start a few episodes back with the one Tim Heidecker is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Ricky Gervais on XFM with Karl Pilkington

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kerrywoman1

Thanks for that i just downloaded them will get a chance to listen over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

The Comedy Button, by far my favourite podcast. Not for the easily offended, and it may take one or two episodes to pick up on some of the in jokes, but it's definitely a great listen.

Other than that, the Ray Foley Show podcast is great, gives you the full show plus a little extra bit at the start that's usually hilarious.

Dave Gorman Podcast is pretty good as well. It's your standard by-the-books radio show where they give a topic and let texters text in on it, but they generally have a good laugh.

And finally, Good Job, Brain! is a podcast where they play Trivial Pursuit and generally talk about odd facts and stuff. Really quite a fun little cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭T.C.O.B

Try a podcast called "The Bugle".

It's a weekly satirical podcast by John Oliver (The Daily Show w/John Stewert) and Andy Zaltzman (Political Animal). They're just about to reach their 200th episode so there's a nice back catologue to tap into.

The pod used to be released by The Times but has subsequently has gone independent after John and Andy tore strips off their then employer Rupert Murdoch!

http://thebuglepodcast.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

The Ricky Gervais show podcasts are the funniest things ever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

Joey Diaz and Felicia Michaels, Beauty and da beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tipping point

Adam Carolla is excellent IMO

Adam Carolla is excellent IMO

I tried listening to one of the latest episodes and didn't really enjoy it that much. I don't think it's my type of show. Very.. NPR-ish or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Npr ?

• Advertisement

racso1975 wrote: »
    Npr ?

Probably not the right description... It just sounded very... American-y. Like Howard Stern and all those stereotypical American radio personalities. Bland stuff imo.

But it's the top podcast in the US pretty much constantly so he's obviously doing something right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Adam and Joe podcasts are hilarious http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/adamandjoe I stick them on my iPod too when I'm walking, makes the time fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

get on the russell brand stuff from 6music and then bbc2, matt morgan makes it for me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 Dark Dude

Joe Rogan Experience podcast. Not very dark and a bit mainstream but pretty funny stuff.

My latest discovery is "Stop Podcasting Yourself". It's an excellent podcast where two Canadian comedians just chat about stuff, usually with a guest on who's either a comedian or generally associated with the entertainment industry.

Segments include:
    Get to Know Us - where they chat about random stuff
    Overheards - where they talk about the funny stuff they've overheard during the week, thy also get listener contributions here.
    Celebrity Birthdays - each week they change around the topic for this, last week it was Celebrity Blurt-days, where they had to blurt out the first thing that came to mind upon hearing the name, another recent one was Celebrity Bulk-days, where they had to guess what the celebrity in question usually buys in bulk.

Really fun to listen to, would definitely recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ByronFrump

Hey,
    I'm an Irish comedian / humour type fella, and I've put several comedy podcasts over the last couple of years. My current project is to write and record one audio sketch a week. Not sure if it's everyone's cup of tea but you might like it - Dead Medium.

The show is pretty different to most comedy podcasts out there, as it's not improvised chat. Each sketch is scripted and recorded in high quality with loads of (Creative Commons) sound effects, guest stars etc. Crazy amount of work, but I'm enjoying making it.

If you do enjoy it, some of my previous projects are linked from the site (won't include them here in the interests of not spamming the forum).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,614 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Tom Hank's response to being asked to be a guest on The Nerdist Podcast (they sent him a typewriter to convince him, as he apparantly collects old typewriters)

ppBPV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9 GerryW

I would also suggest listeng to audio books. It works for me when walking. helps the miles fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pauric_g

The Smartest Man In The World Proopcast! Greg Proops is endlessly entertaining and even educational. Well worth a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

the church of whats happening now with joey diaz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

I really enjoy The Complete Guide to Everything. http://tcgte.com/
    I listen to The Nerdist also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I'd suggest The Nerdist too. Very good for fellow comedy nerds out there.

Also, surprised it hasn't been mentioned is WTF with Marc Maron.

There's also Kevin Pollak's Chat Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

Doug Loves Movies - a little bit about movies but mostly just stand up comics talking and playing games.

The Pod F. Tompkast - bit of everything from the absolutely brilliant Paul F Tompkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Adiboo wrote: »
    I'd suggest The Nerdist too. Very good for fellow comedy nerds out there.

Also, surprised it hasn't been mentioned is WTF with Marc Maron.

Fan of The Nerdist myself. Give WTF a listen the odd time, tend to fast forward ten mins to skip the blabbing Maron.

Advertisement