Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish science olympiads.

• 24-06-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Just curious as to how they were sorted out this year, as my school never got word of it.

Just wondering if the selection process was different this year as we heard no wind of invitations or anything even though my school has received invitations in the past few years.

Anyone have any info on their selections this year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Each school can send one student to each olympiad, and other students get invitations based on their junior cert results.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tankosaur

finality wrote: »
    Each school can send one student to each olympiad, and other students get invitations based on their junior cert results.

Yeah that bit I knew just my school didn't get one this year and when I chcked the website it said that there was no-one picked for the biology one yet so just wondering how it works out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Tankosaur wrote: »
    Yeah that bit I knew just my school didn't get one this year and when I chcked the website it said that there was no-one picked for the biology one yet so just wondering how it works out.

The biology test was postponed due to some shenannigans of some sort, so I'm not sure if they allocated places yet or held the test yet even!! :L

Advertisement