Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing clubs - cork city - Beginner

Options
  • 24-06-2012 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi,

I am interested in taking up boxing for the fitness and to lose some weight, not so much for the competitive fighting.

I found the boxing clinic in cork one, but would anyone here be joined this place or any other place that they could offer some advise?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I don't know anything about boxing but I know of a really successful boxing club. Its well run and is highly respected, I know for sure that they've won a lot of competitions.
    Its on in the Lough Community Centre, as far as I know. Sorry I can't help more.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 stripe3

hey,

Thanks for the info.

I think the know that place alright, would you have a contact number or anything?

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

i used to be joined the clinic (used to do bjj there), they have a good setup there alright. you should pop up and ask for Stewart if you haven't had a look around as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

stripe3 wrote: »
    hey,

Thanks for the info.

I think the know that place alright, would you have a contact number or anything?

Thanks again

Yes, the contact number for the centre is (021)4313609. The man that runs the centre also runs the boxing club (Billy O'Donovan is his name) so he should be able to answer any questions you might have :)

Advertisement