Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Let's talk about dental treatment experiences.

• 24-06-2012 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭

The good.

I recently had a root canal on a pre-molar and it was an entirely painless and wholly comfortable experience.

The bad.

I went for treatment at the UCC dental school as a teen and came away traumatised.

The Ugly.

Leave your experience below ya buck-toothed freak! :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Not much use as I've only ever had fillings and scale and polish treatments.

Never had a problem with the dentist and don't mind going. The worst experience I've had is the indignity of my own saliva running down my face and wishing the dental nurse would fire up the suction thingy (I'm sure it has a correct title). I also hate the frozen face sensation after the local anaesthetic:(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Dennal plaaaaan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Every topic in AH could be shifted elsewhere ^^^^^

May as well have a chat here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

eth0 wrote: »
    Dennal plaaaaan

Lisa needs braces!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Apart from the extortionate prices charged by most dentists, I've no bad experiences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I got a filling done by Dentist A. I started to hear Dentist A is butcher and began having issues with the filling.

I went to more expensive Dentist B who confirmed that the filling wasn't dried correctly and the seal broke. Bacteria had got inside and damaged the tooth more. I was going to need a root canal but Dentist B was able to get a deep filling to set.

He ended up having to clean up a lot of a work from Dentist A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

My dentist has big boobs, she likes to rest them on my head while working.

Can't really remember anything else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

My dentist has big boobs, she likes to rest them on my head while working.

Can't really remember anything else!

I don't go to the dentist much.

I might change my ways if I had your dentist though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I have never had a filling or cap or anything else done by a dentist, only getting them cleaned,the last time was in Feb this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

The good - got 2 painless fillings when I was a teenager.

The bad - Had to get a tooth taken out. Unbeknownst to the dentist, the roots were HUGE and hooked, and under the tooth had a big infection. 5 shots of anasthetic later, I felt everything. I was screaming, and halfway through, with the tooth somewhat loose and dangly, he offered to send me home with an anti-biotic to get rid of the infection because the anasthetic wouldn't work. I told him to just get it done because I was in agony anyway at that stage. Cue the nurse having to hold my head down while the dentist yanked the thing out of my head, blood running down my face and neck onto my top and my screaming like a lunatic because I was in so much pain. Ripped my gums apart because of the hooked roots and I've never gone back to the dentist since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Wisdom teeth :(

Had to get them take. Out under GA as they were trapped beneath my jaw.

Waking up not having a clue where I was and sitting in bed spitting mouthfuls of blood into a cardboard kidney bowl. Whilst feeling I'd had my head kicked in.

****ing horrific.

Advertisement