Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen doors badly finished

• 24-06-2012 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just got a White gloss kitchen installed by a well known kitchen company. They have been a nightmare to deal with but that's for another discussion.
    My concern is the handleless doors are "splinted" together on the full height fridge- freezer and larder units. There is about a 5 mm gap between the doors leaving a very unsightly shadow gap.
    Would people have any possible suggested solutions regarding this. The kitchen provider says nobody noticed this before and have no solutions?
    All help appreciated,
    Thanks, work

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

work wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just got a White gloss kitchen installed by a well known kitchen company. They have been a nightmare to deal with but that's for another discussion.
    My concern is the handleless doors are "splinted" together on the full height fridge- freezer and larder units. There is about a 5 mm gap between the doors leaving a very unsightly shadow gap.
    Would people have any possible suggested solutions regarding this. The kitchen provider says nobody noticed this before and have no solutions?
    All help appreciated,
    Thanks, work

Pictures ???

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭work

Carpenter wrote: »
    Hi,
    All help appreciated,
    Thanks, work

Pictures ???

I do not have Internet access (as not living at home at the moment) other than on an iPhone and do not know how to upload photos directly with an iPhone, previous links state not possible. Anyway the problem is the shadow gap created by the doors being splinted together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭fm

Hi,
    All help appreciated,
    Thanks, work

That's the norm with many companies, could they not adjust the hinges to make the gap as small as possible or maybe put some type of filler piece behind the gap if it would fit,maybe a piece of edging(1mm thick) for the fridge door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

fm wrote: »
    Hi,
    All help appreciated,
    Thanks, work

That's the norm with many companies, could they not adjust the hinges to make the gap as small as possible or maybe put some type of filler piece behind the gap if it would fit,maybe a piece of edging(1mm thick) for the fridge door.

I your extremely unhappy with what they have done get them to install a full height door that would 1965 in height.

Hi,
    All help appreciated,
    Thanks, work

I your extremely unhappy with what they have done get them to install a full height door that would 1965 in height.

They say they do not do full length doors. What a joke! Thanks for the suggestion.

• Advertisement

Hi,
    All help appreciated,
    Thanks, work

I am sure my answers are going to sound like jokes but they do not know if they can alter the door position, I am awaiting a reply, if they can I am not sure this would work with a split fridge freezer as doors will be seperate.
    The filler may work but they only have a wood coloured piece of wood so not ideal! Again not a joke. The thin filler idea I will prorably and up doing myself though.
    Thanks, work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Hi,
    All help appreciated,
    Thanks, work

I am sure my answers are going to sound like jokes but they do not know if they can alter the door position, I am awaiting a reply, if they can I am not sure this would work with a split fridge freezer as doors will be seperate.
    The filler may work but they only have a wood coloured piece of wood so not ideal! Again not a joke. The thin filler idea I will prorably and up doing myself though.
    Thanks, work

Dont do the filler thing! Both of them doors will have a round on the edges and if you put a filler in between then it will look awful.

Don't take no from them when they don't have a full length doors. They can order a standard 1965 x 595 for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭fm

the filler would be behind the doors not between them,this would be the last alternative,The doors can be adjusted with the hinges up or down,more than likely the fitter is too lazy to do this now as the fridge may have to come out)as for looking for a full height door-what about the handless look?is there a groove in the top of the doors?(on the bottom edge of the higher door)The well known kitchen companies would only stock certain sizes in doors,most of them import them so they don't do special orders.

the filler would be behind the doors not between them,this would be the last alternative,The doors can be adjusted with the hinges up or down,more than likely the fitter is too lazy to do this now as the fridge may have to come out)as for looking for a full height door-what about the handless look?is there a groove in the top of the doors?(on the bottom edge of the higher door)The well known kitchen companies would only stock certain sizes in doors,most of them import them so they don't do special orders.
    Doors have been moved together so gap gone. We bought full height fridge and freezers so doors can open as one.
    Thanks to all for the help

Advertisement