Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

spray prices

• 24-06-2012 6:19pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There seems to be a bit of variation in fungicide prices round the country at present. Maybe people could post up exactly what product, what they are paying, where it's at and whether it's a cash or credit price and with/without VAT. Thanks in advance

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭ci985

Herbicide and fungicide for spring oats varied in price from 53 per acre to 36 per acre!
    Clearly i used the cheaper version and the crop is flying it! Amazed at the price variation
    though! I paid cash for all cant imagine the lads who are signing for all from their merchent and not bothering pricing around! Profit well and truly down for those dudes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Mcpa 50 10 liter's for €30 cash and if you buy enough he can be convinced to throw in a few cans of wetting agent for free ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Apologises in advance blue if you meant this to be a cereal sprays only price tread....

but has anyone bought or priced Eagle this year for spraying docks in grassland?

I have aftergrass to do shortly but am afraid to price, well over the €100 anyways I'd say.... and I'I need at least 2 of them :o

Oh and does anyone know if it's too late to use the likes of legumex on a reseed that was done 2 years ago?

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

Muckit wrote: »
    Oh and does anyone know if it's too late to use the likes of legumex on a reseed that was done 2 years ago?

Thanks!

you would only be about 22 and a half months late:D if you were to use it

I use a boy that I rarely ask the price of most things as he knows if he does me over once he can whistle a tune, get the full copy of the bill on final payment and then got through prices. Works for me but thats for a decent enough quantity of spray. Have used such a diverse range of products on all crops this year I couldn't give a per acre price yet as more product will be needed. Its sure being a high use chemical year unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

[QUOTE=Muckit;79392549]Apologises in advance blue if you meant this to be a cereal sprays only price tread....

but has anyone bought or priced Eagle this year for spraying docks in grassland?

I have aftergrass to do shortly but am afraid to price, well over the €100 anyways I'd say.... and I'I need at least 2 of them :o

Thanks![/QUOTE]

No bother muckit, the more prices we have on the better the picture will be for everyone except maybe Bayer/ basf monsanto etc.:pac:

I use a boy that I rarely ask the price of most things as he knows if he does me over once he can whistle a tune, get the full copy of the bill on final payment and then got through prices. Works for me but thats for a decent enough quantity of spray. Have used such a diverse range of products on all crops this year I couldn't give a per acre price yet as more product will be needed. Its sure being a high use chemical year unfortunately.
    Mr. Croplink......

Mr. Croplink......

I wouldn't call Mr Croplink a boy:D:D another fellow, seriously knowledgable is Mr Croplink and an even better musician.

Mr. Croplink......

I wouldn't call Mr Croplink a boy:D:D another fellow, seriously knowledgable is Mr Croplink and an even better musician.
    Was a great football manager back in the day too, lead me to a few county finals so he did :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭DMAXMAN

Muckit wrote: »
    Apologises in advance blue if you meant this to be a cereal sprays only price tread....

Thanks!
    heard that eagle can be bought for about 75 +vat this year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

Roundup 360 e23.99 for a 5 litres at beattys loughrea .... Seems cheap as 120 euro for 20ltrs of roundup biactive in co-op but is 360 a weaker solution ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭DMAXMAN

Bodacious wrote: »
    Roundup 360 e23.99 for a 5 litres at beattys loughrea .... Seems cheap as 120 euro for 20ltrs of roundup biactive in co-op but is 360 a weaker solution ?
    360 is just plain glyphosate with no additives.biactive has wetters etc. to aid uptake and improve kill. if you have any problem with hard/limy water my advice would be to use the biactive. hard water plays havoc with roundup.if your water wont be a problem you should try one of the generic products. think some of them can be bought for 50 euro plus vat for 20l.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

DMAXMAN wrote: »
    360 is just plain glyphosate with no additives.biactive has wetters etc. to aid uptake and improve kill. if you have any problem with hard/limy water my advice would be to use the biactive. hard water plays havoc with roundup.if your water wont be a problem you should try one of the generic products. think some of them can be bought for 50 euro plus vat for 20l.

Using rain water or water from a bog to fill the sprayer is another way around the hard water problem.

Advertisement