Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't get Alison Curtis

Options
  • 24-06-2012 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

Anyone else not get this show? They were taking about the Greek elections the other week and before that the bailout talks. Phantom isn't a current affairs station. It's cringe worthy listening to them attempting to be serious.

Who do they feel the need to make a half arsed attempt at it during the afternoons ? I'd rather hear them talk about music, bands , events , ents etc. They are supposed to be an "alternative " to the other muck that populates the airwaves during the day.

To be fair it's not all Alison's fault , Muireann covered the same stuff when she filled in earlier this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

i wouldn't put any real blame on the presenters tbh, it's the producers, and more specifically the management who are in charge of how the different shows go these days.
    i know for a fact some of the presenters don't like plenty of the content/music on their shows.
    i rarely listen to Phantom during the day for the reasons you described. I'll listen to Newstalk if i want some current affairs chat. from what i've seen from Phantom's updates on facebook, they just use all the same subjects from the Newstalk breakfast show anyway as presumably all the research for them gets passed upstairs early in the day. there would be more work to do if they had to cover music related subjects each day.
    personally i probably wouldn't even listen if it was music chat tbh, the only reason i'd turn on Phantom is for music, and even then it's for the few shows that actually still play decent interesting music like Jim Carroll's, or Derek on Sunday nights, not the same bog-standard indie-pop they've been playing off the playlist several times a day for the last 2 months during weekday afternoons...
    They are supposed to be an "alternative " to the other muck that populates the airwaves during the day.
    i suppose they just about qualify for that as there's still plenty of songs on there you wouldn't hear on other stations.
    of course, when you have Jason Byrne doing wacky chat, Alison doing dumbed-down current affairs debate, GAA stars talking nonsense for publicity, and a music policy that has Adele and Snow Patrol on every day, you'd have to wonder why they even bother keeping the 'alternative' stuff...

Advertisement