Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

development shoot

• 24-06-2012 6:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I shot yesterday in the development shoot in MNSCI and had a great time. I'm new to long range shoot'n (5 months ) and have been well and truly hooked.
    It was great to see so many happy and enthusiastic novices like myself, enjoying their day and so to the point of this thread ...

I'd like to say a big thanks to John Paul Craven, Tony, Wayne and everyone who is involved in MNSCI for providing an opportunity to get involved in the sport also to all the experienced shooters who gave their time to coach and look after us novices so well.

On a personal note I'd like to say thanks to Kevin Mc Evoy and Fergal white ( Ireland Custom Rifles ) for all their help.

Well done to all involved and all who took part.

Fishslapped.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

A big +1 to that , I'd a great day.thanks again to everyone.
    Hi folks,

I shot yesterday in the development shoot in MNSCI and had a great time. I'm new to long range shoot'n (5 months ) and have been well and truly hooked.
    It was great to see so many happy and enthusiastic novices like myself, enjoying their day and so to the point of this thread ...

I'd like to say a big thanks to John Paul Craven, Tony, Wayne and everyone who is involved in MNSCI for providing an opportunity to get involved in the sport also to all the experienced shooters who gave their time to coach and look after us novices so well.

On a personal note I'd like to say thanks to Kevin Mc Evoy and Fergal white ( Ireland Custom Rifles ) for all their help.

Well done to all involved and all who took part.

Fishslapped.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

It was a good day, and the best fun i've had in a while. The conditions were tricky, but not unshootable by any standards.

Some really good shooters there too. Lads that have only shot once or twice, and i believe a lad or two that never shot long distance before.

The results were excellent. Lads shooting only 4-5 months scoring 72+ (out of 75) is unbelievably good shooting.

Really looking forward to the next shoot, and hope to see the same lads and more there.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

Was this only for members of the development squad? I didn't see it advertised on here at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Yup for members of the development squad.
    Anyone that is a member of the range and is interested can join the development squad.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056643733

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭raymonjdevine

dev110 wrote: »
    Yup for members of the development squad.
    Anyone that is interested can join

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056643733

Howdy,

Been following the threads here about long range shooting and I'd love to give it a go.

A friend of mine is a member of that range in Offaly. He told me I'd have to be a member there to shoot long range.

Obviously he was wrong :cool:

I have a .243 but am thinking of re barreling it to .308.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Sorry I should have phased that better. You do need to be a member to be part of the development squad.

dev110 wrote: »
    Sorry I should have phased that better. You do need to be a member to be part of the development squad.

So my mate was right :eek: And me just after ringing him calling him names for telling me lies :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

My advice would be to come along. The next shoot is on the 7th July.

Have a look, see what you think. If you think it's for you then you can see about joining, and then look at re-barrelling your .243. Spectators and guests are wlecome.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Ezridax wrote: »
    My advice would be to come along. The next shoot is on the 7th July.

Have a look, see what you think. If you think it's for you then you can see about joining, and then look at re-barrelling your .243. Spectators and guests are wlecome.

Thanks !

I'd love to see what it's all about :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭ranger4

Looking forward to next shoot, thanks to jp, tony, jim who read the wind and kept score and all the lads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement