Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Screen Cracked. Repair Shop in Dublin?

Options
  • 24-06-2012 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

I've got a Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman phone. I dropped it by accident and its screen is cracked.

I found a discussion on another forum where a guy had a similar problem:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1559112

The way his screen is cracked looks similar to how mine is cracked:
    He uploaded it at this link

From the way that discussion went, I think my phone might be repairable. I was wondering if anyone here knows any shops in Dublin where I could go and ask?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

TechPros in Tallaght and Lucan should be able to do it, give them a call and ask, I can PM the number if you want. If you are let me know which store suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Anywhere should be able to do it, once they have a digitizer. No need to change the lcd

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

There was a shop on Geroge's street that used to do cheap fixes, run by a bunch of chinese lads, I'm not sure if it still around but I presume it is. I don't know the name of it. It's on the left as you walk up from Dame St. around teh same area as Walton's I think

Edit: Its called Elctro Repair centre and is beside Hogans pub

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Thanks folks. I work in the city center so I'll see if I can get down to Electro Repair Centre tomorrow and see what they say. I found this website about them so hopefully they are still going and can do the job:
    http://dublin.ratemyarea.com/places/electro-repair-centre-17754

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Theres also phone menders just off gafton street, they fixed a few phones for me back in the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Well, I went into Electro Repair Centre and they are gonna order in the replacement part. I'll have to go back next week. €55 quid altogether which seems close to what the guys were talking about in the discussion I linked to.

Seems like a pretty decent shop. Three guys working in the place. They were taking other phones in for repair and other services. They also sell phone accessories like covers and chargers.

Advertisement