Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teabags!

Options
  • 24-06-2012 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I want to bring some lyons teabags in suitcase with me. Would they have to be in the sealed box or can i put them in a zip lock bag or something similar to be less bulky?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Don't bother.
    Lipton intense is just as good.
    Bring a heap of chocolate instead, and a bottle of redbreast

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

dietdiva wrote: »
    I want to bring some lyons teabags in suitcase with me. Would they have to be in the sealed box or can i put them in a zip lock bag or something similar to be less bulky?

Thanks in advance.
    You can put then in a zip locked bag. I think once they are not loose-leaf tea then they are fine by customs. Have done it many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

PG tips and Lyons are the same company, same tea, even same box design.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

Spacedog wrote: »
    PG tips and Lyons are the same company, same tea, even same box design.

Are you sure about that one? I may have to try it..

Are you sure about that one? I may have to try it..

They are all manufactured by http://www.unilever.com/ but whether they are the same tea blend, I have no idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bheart65

Hi,

If you're going to be over in Oz for a while you can buy Lyons Tea, Barry's and any of your other Irish favourites from http://www.tasteireland.com.au.

You can call into their warehouse if you're heading to Sydney, otherwise they will ship countrywide. They also have a deal with Woolworths to stock some of their products. I know you can get Barrys tea in most of the Woolies in Perth. Look for the international aisle. They can be expensive, though, about $6 for 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

Which Perth woolies has an international aisle? The ones I have been to don't. Even looked in the city stores.

I recently filled out my declaration form with teabags and chocolate and it was stamped nothing to declare by the groundstaff in perth airport.

Hi ellaq,

The Woolies in Joondalup and Carramar, northern suburbs, definitely have the international aisle/section. Both have the Barry's tea! You won't always get the whole range of Irish stuff, sometimes only tea and Tayto's but sure what more do you need! Also, a butchers ran by a Cork fella, Northside Quality Meats in Malaga stock it too! (You'll usually see little british flags, union jacks sticking out of the shelves where the international section is.) Can't speak for the city stores as I haven't checked them out. Think I might have passed them in Cottesloe, Karrinyup too, not sure though.

bheart65 wrote: »
    Hi ellaq,

The Woolies in Joondalup and Carramar, northern suburbs, definitely have the international aisle/section. Both have the Barry's tea! You won't always get the whole range of Irish stuff, sometimes only tea and Tayto's but sure what more do you need! Also, a butchers ran by a Cork fella, Northside Quality Meats in Malaga stock it too! (You'll usually see little british flags, union jacks sticking out of the shelves where the international section is.) Can't speak for the city stores as I haven't checked them out. Think I might have passed them in Cottesloe, Karrinyup too, not sure though.

Thanks for that. I don't live anywhere near those stores though. I have yet to see a Woolies that even has an international section near me in Perth. Might have to take a trip to Malaga though.

• Advertisement

A trip to Joondalup on the train from Perth Underground or the Esplanade might be easier. Get off at Joondalup train station which is right next door to Lakeside Shopping Centre, the Woolies in there has them, one of the last few aisles on the left as you enter the shop! Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

ellaq wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I don't live anywhere near those stores though. I have yet to see a Woolies that even has an international section near me in Perth. Might have to take a trip to Malaga though.

Most of the Woolies in Sydney near me have an international section, with sections including British, Irish, South African, Dutch, German, French etc..

The Irish section stocks Barrys tea, Tayto, Double Deckers, Club Orange, Knorr Soups etc..
    Their Tayto is cheaper than from Taste Ireland (...and Taste Ireland supplies woolies...work that out!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Plenty of the IGAs around Perth have British sections.

The local IGA has a big international section but no tayto or barry teabags. Joondalup is a bit far from me so I think we will do without for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Barrys in Woolies in Belmont forum shopping centre.

The PG tips you get in the IGA are just as good IMO.

I brought over tea bags when I was coming back here a few weeks ago, customs didn't bat an eyelid

Advertisement