Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free intermediary codec

Options
  • 24-06-2012 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭

I need a permanent CineForm HDlink and CineForm Codec replacement. I would like to not have to rely on trials and since I'm only messing about with footage I'm recording myself for fun, I'm not spending the money to buy it. Is there a free alternative out there? I would like 8bit colour (at least) for colour grading and the smooth playback in vegas is great too. Footage is coming from a 600D.

Does anyone know of one? Avid DNxHD is probably my best bet but in my experience Vegas doesn't really like MOV wrapped files.

I'm in the middle of switching computers so I may go ahead and switch to mac completely with my upgrade (hackintosh, mind, so don't get too worried about my wallet) and then Prores 422 would be perfect.

thanks ;D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

does GoPro not provide this free? I thought i read about it some time back no?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I keep on having to reinstall the program. The gopro aspect of it stays but the actual codec can't be used after something like 14 days, unless I'm missing a completely free version or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

i was looking at another forum that a user was apparently having a similar problem to you! Looks like Cineform are having some difficulties with their free product.

heres the link DVI re:Cineform 'free' Version

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Thank you thank you thank you! Their link to the beta works, link goes dead 48 hours after he posted incase anyone reading this is interested!

Advertisement