Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone 4 Battery issues

• 24-06-2012 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

I have an iphone 4 for the last 18 months, but noticed in the last 7-10 days my battery life has got very bad, almost drained by 7.00 that night, is this normal life span for a battery ? How much does a new battery cost ?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    I have an iphone 4 for the last 18 months, but noticed in the last 7-10 days my battery life has got very bad, almost drained by 7.00 that night, is this normal life span for a battery ? How much does a new battery cost ?

I think they mention 1000 charge/discharge cycles for an iPhone, so I suppose once per day for 600ish days might suggest the battery is declining. I know mine went bad after about 22 months, but Apple replaced it last week under an AppleCare plan. Check the website for battery replacement costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

A new battery costs roughly €7.50 if bought here on eBay, but that would require that you do the replacement yourself.

Or direct from this page on apple.com:
    How much does Battery Replacement Service cost?

Service arranged through Apple costs €75.00. A €12.30 shipping fee will be added if you arrange service online or by calling Apple Technical Support. All fees are in euros and include VAT.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Do you remember that iPhone 4 that exploded on a flight to Sidney? Well the media never bothered following up on the cause, but you'll never guess why it exploded? ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Do you remember that iPhone 4 that exploded on a flight to Sidney? Well the media never bothered following up on the cause, but you'll never guess why it exploded? ;)

Do tell!! Do tell!!! I'm a quiver with anticipation......:D

I forgot to mention that there's a place in cork city called i-electron. They do a battery replacement for €42. That includes a 3-month warranty too and it takes them an hour to do. I'm guessing you're from cork too judging by your username so it's close.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 iRepair Express

That battery that exploded isn't too uncommon!

We've had someone come in to the store who's battery literally blew the back off the phone and melted the glass!

Not that hard to fix! Still scary to think your holding a potential grenade to your ear..

whiterebel wrote: »
    I think they mention 1000 charge/discharge cycles for an iPhone, so I suppose once per day for 600ish days might suggest the battery is declining. I know mine went bad after about 22 months, but Apple replaced it last week under an AppleCare plan. Check the website for battery replacement costs.

No, its a lot less than 1000, its 400:

"Charge Cycles

A properly maintained iPhone battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 400 full charge and discharge cycles. You may choose to replace your battery when it no longer holds sufficient charge to meet your needs." from Apple.com/ie

No, its a lot less than 1000, its 400:

"Charge Cycles

A properly maintained iPhone battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 400 full charge and discharge cycles. You may choose to replace your battery when it no longer holds sufficient charge to meet your needs." from Apple.com/ie

Did you just contradict yourself?

Did you just contradict yourself?

Or correcting my mistake, call it what you will.....

Or correcting my mistake, call it what you will.....

I just thought you were schizophrenic :D all is good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

Does anyone have any recommendations for buying a genuine iPhone 4 battery online?

Advertisement