Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duathalon shorts

• 24-06-2012 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

I want to start doing duathalons and have been doing some training but my running shorts have a seam where i sit on the saddle and are causing some discomfort
    Can anyone recomend a type of shorts that wont cause this irritation
    and where can i get them

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Tri shorts or proabably just lycra shorts would be fine depending on how your ass reacts to the saddle. Base2race, cycleways, cyclesuperstore and wheelworx all stock tri shorts if you're in Dublin. TK Maxx stock tri suits/shorts as well I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jmcc99_98

@Zebrano if doing a Duathlon I just use regular cycling shorts i.e. padded. They are a good pair though (Think I paid in and around €80 for them) this means that there are more panels of padding but less seams etc.

They then have a silicone ring around the base of the legs of the shorts which stops them riding up when running or cycling. I find them fine to both cycle in and run (I do use a small bit of vaseline around the crothch area to ensure there is no chaffing, but this is due to fear rather than it having actually happened)

Much will depend on your saddle and bike. If like me, you are using a road bike and it has a small hard saddle you may be glad of the padding for the 20k cycle, if however you are using a different bike which might have a bit more shock absorbance or a softer saddle then regular shorts might be fine.

Another option is to simply but a gel saddle cover for your saddle and then just wear regular running shorts, again this will depend on the "resiliance of your ass"

@RacoonQueen - Which TK Maxx?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Thanks for the replies
    I dont like to run in cycling shorts just does not feel right
    Any lycra shorts i can find have a seam going under my ass cheek which is whats irritating me when on the bike some thing with out thAt seam is what im looking for preferably without padding as my ass does not mind the saddle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

How about putting a pair of Under Armour or other brand compression shorts on under your running shorts?

I wear compression shorts to avoid chafing when running and they are seamless.

Advertisement