Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best curling wand/tongs

• 24-06-2012 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I'm thinking of getting a new curling tongs/wand and looking for anyones advice or recommendations on them. Thinking of the remmington pearl wand.. But any suggestions would be helpful
    :) thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

I have the Babyliss and I think its completely useless. I'm sure other women love it but I find it awful for my thick hair even on the highest setting. Have tried the Pearl since then and regret not getting that one instead

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ampmm

I have the Babyliss and I think its completely useless. I'm sure other women love it but I find it awful for my thick hair even on the highest setting. Have tried the Pearl since then and regret not getting that one instead

The pearl has been getting good reviews but I don't know what are the perks/disadvantages of a wand over tongs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

I prefer the wands at the mo. The curls aren't completely uniform and the same size. I use the Babyliss ones, and I've quite thick hair....

I got one from Argos and another I ordered through my hairdresser, that was a professional one, and they were pretty much identical. They went to the same temps and everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I have the babyliss volume glamour tongs. It doesn't give curls, more waves, like a curly blow dry. I have very thick horse hair and it works well for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

What Babyliss one have you got? I have the pro curl 210 and find it good, that said, I've only had two goes with it so far.

I have the Remington pearl wand too, and find it gives tighter curls, not like the Babyliss one I have which gives nice, loose curls.

There was a girl on here who posted a review of the Remington pearl wand, think her name was Jacqui or something, I can't remember what her blog was, but I remember thinking her hair was gorgeous after using the Remington one.

If anyone could help with her username on here or her blog I'd be very grateful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭trinz23

DONT get the pearl wand.....i bought it, used it maybe 4 times and it just stopped working...completely stopped!!! brought it back to the shop who exchanged it for me for another which did the exact same thing after a few uses but it was my bad luck that by the time the second 1 broke it was out of the 28days and anyway, there was no way i was going to get it exchanged for another one!!!

GHD is the only way to go!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭spotsanddots

I have the Babyliss 2285U Curling Wand . GHD curls always fall out in my hair but the wand is great gives a nice natural wave!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

The Remington pearl wand is brilliant, I have the thinner one but since my hair is long now I'm going to buy the wider one. Wear a glove with it though,it gets very hot I've had lots of burns trying to get used to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

The pearl wand is brilliant! I did think that the curls that I got with it were quite tight at first, but if you play around with it a bit, using different temperatures, thicker/thinner strands of hair etc you can get loads of different looks, including lovely loose curls. I also think wands might be better for keeping a curl in place - my hair won't hold GHD curls or curls done with a tong, but the curls from the wand stay in place all day. I'm only basing that on my own experience and the experience of a few others I know, I don't have any conclusive evidence for it :P

Advertisement