Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

double bale lifter

• 24-06-2012 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭

just wondering whitch is the best to buy:confused:,how much are they

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 connormi

Have a paddle type made by rohan eng, very happy with it, dont tear bales in heap if reverse back too far and can get under bales easier than wit pipes especially if bales not perfect in line, as we try put them in twos off wrapper but dont always stay where they meant to.

http://www.rohanengineering.ie/page18.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

connormi wrote: »
    Have a paddle type made by rohan eng, very happy with it, dont tear bales in heap if reverse back too far and can get under bales easier than wit pipes especially if bales not perfect in line, as we try put them in twos off wrapper but dont always stay where they meant to.

ditto... using one of Rohan's as well

well made with strong tines and good size paddles, I think it was about €800 + VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Boher boy

snowman707 wrote: »
    connormi wrote: »

ditto... using one of Rohan's as well

well made with strong tines and good size paddles, I think it was about €800 + VAT

Have a Fleming double bale handler with hydraulic lift on one side find it good only thing is would really need hydraulic top link to use with it as to be able to get under second bale with first lifted. Think it cost around €1100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

Boher boy wrote: »
    Have a Fleming double bale handler with hydraulic lift on one side find it good only thing is would really need hydraulic top link to use with it as to be able to get under second bale with first lifted. Think it cost around €1100

also have fleming, rarely need to use ram to lift first bale, its a good handler but i must say they dont suit every situation, they are very wide when both bales on board so tight yards or narrow gateways turning out onto roadways are a nono, they make a serious difference though when clearing out a field

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Would recommend the fleming too if you want one with one side on a ram to lift up the bale while going under the second bale. I find that anything that Fleming makes is great quality.

I have a Nugent myself. Its a very well made piece of equipment and works well for what i use it for myself. Cost €700 inc vat in 2009. I wrap the bales myself and leave them in 2's so that I can pick both up in 1 go.

Agree with vanderbadger, you need to have a bit of space to operate them. But they do save an awful lot of time when you are stacking bales.

• Advertisement

another option here, my neighbour has a trailed 2 bale carrier (1 bale in front of the other) so it's quite narrow he also carriers a third bale on the bale lifter on the link arms, so he is bringing 3 at the time

Advantages of this system is that a 60 to 70 hp tractor is well able to cope as there is no weight on the drawbar

Disadvantage is that you have to un hook twice on each run. even if you had a second tractor you still have to unhook , ... ideally is suited for a longish draw & perhaps a medium size tractor that would struggle with the double lifter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Saw an add one dondeal recently. Guy was selling a regular bale trailer like this one with a bale lifter that had a hydraulic ram to swing up the arms of the bale lifter up and away from the trailer. Clever idea.

DSCF4132.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭butt1

thanks guys for the info,i guess its going to be a flemming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

pakalasa wrote: »
    Saw an add one dondeal recently. Guy was selling a regular bale trailer like this one with a bale lifter that had a hydraulic ram to swing up the arms of the bale lifter up and away from the trailer. Clever idea.

DSCF4132.jpg

I have often seen these for sale on donedeal but have never seen 1 in operation in Tipp or surrounding counties

Are they just a Connaught thing??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

If you mean the trailer, I've seen a few of them around Clare. As for the fold up bale-lifter, only seen on Donedeall add.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

dont underestimate the weight of two bale on the back. I used one on the neighbours JD 6600 and thought a 6 cylinder tractor with a front linkage (but nothing on the linkage IYKWIM) would be more than a match but there was times when the front tires lifted for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Markcheese

dont underestimate the weight of two bale on the back. I used one on the neighbours JD 6600 and thought a 6 cylinder tractor with a front linkage (but nothing on the linkage IYKWIM) would be more than a match but there was times when the front tires lifted for me.

Just think , if you'd had another bale handler on the front links you'd have been done in no time ....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

dont underestimate the weight of two bale on the back

I borrowed one off the contractor last night and my tractor wouldn't lift two :o Would it be low in hydraulic oil? She's rated for 3,500kg....

Muckit wrote: »
    I borrowed one off the contractor last night and my tractor wouldn't lift two :o Would it be low in hydraulic oil? She's rated for 3,500kg....

ya could be it, even 2 heavy bales and the handler should be along way off 3500, have you a loader on the front, i find they balance the tractor pretty well when you have one on the front

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/machinery/2433369
    dont like the look of this much, especially the pointy ends

Full-7953674.jpeg

I think that's all it's suitable for. Bales of silage too heavy for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭poor farmer

Thats in regans frenchpark , he has it a long time

Thats in regans frenchpark , he has it a long time

ya they seem to have the world of ****e, they keep advertising the same crap every few days on donedeal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭Nobbies

i used adouble bale lifter for the first time today.made by mountview eningerring in cavan.they often advertise on donedeal.could,nt recommend it enough,could,nt believe how heavy two bales are on the back of atractor.130hp it was and honestly uwould,nt travel at afast speed againest fallen ground in the field,hydraulic lift and it also moves out the 2nd lifter too allow some space for loading the 2nd bale.only had the loan of it,close on 2000 euro it costs i,m told.GREAT job though.

Nobbies wrote: »
    i used adouble bale lifter for the first time today.made by mountview eningerring in cavan.they often advertise on donedeal.could,nt recommend it enough,could,nt believe how heavy two bales are on the back of atractor.130hp it was and honestly uwould,nt travel at afast speed againest fallen ground in the field,hydraulic lift and it also moves out the 2nd lifter too allow some space for loading the 2nd bale.only had the loan of it,close on 2000 euro it costs i,m told.GREAT job though.

IMO the mountview handler is mounted too far back from the tractor , we were looking at them in abbey nenagh

the brother in law baled 20 bales straight after the mower yesterday , made with the fusion , there was some weight in them

a 95 hp landini sailed away with them no problem with the rohan handler

• Advertisement

Markcheese wrote: »
    Just think , if you'd had another bale handler on the front links you'd have been done in no time ....

thats just being greedy!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

neighbour bought a nontrip double handler for 500e and i have a handler for the front loader which we swap and we reckon you would shift more on your own than two drawing.super job as the tractor is balanced lovely and fast at stacking as you have two for below and one on top

keep going wrote: »
    neighbour bought a nontrip double handler for 500e and i have a handler for the front loader which we swap and we reckon you would shift more on your own than two drawing.super job as the tractor is balanced lovely and fast at stacking as you have two for below and one on top

do you find that with the double handler when you are dropping the 2 bales off it leaves them slightly further apart than if you were leaving them in with a single handler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

not that i have noticed.it might be closer than a fleming which i used before

do you find that with the double handler when you are dropping the 2 bales off it leaves them slightly further apart than if you were leaving them in with a single handler

I found it harder to judge where to drop them to tip them to get them close to the ones in the stack. the extra width does affect visability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

It all depends on how close you put them in the field before you lift them . They will find the same position in the yard. I have a double bale handler I bought off a lad that makes them in Laois. Cost 500 euro's towards the end of the season two years ago it has no trip as i do not believe in standing them on end. Have a loader with a bale handler can bring in three at the time, young lad is a dinger at it. I will often put them in pairs with other tractor as he draws so as we are not stoping for each other on the way in and out of yard.

It all depends on how close you put them in the field before you lift them . They will find the same position in the yard. I have a double bale handler I bought off a lad that makes them in Laois. Cost 500 euro's towards the end of the season two years ago it has no trip as i do not believe in standing them on end. Have a loader with a bale handler can bring in three at the time, young lad is a dinger at it. I will often put them in pairs with other tractor as he draws so as we are not stoping for each other on the way in and out of yard.
    thats probably a good point
    they arent really a runner i reckon unless you have a loader or weights, otherwide the tractor will be jumping with them, my friend had my handler on his 6610 john deere and he had to reverse up hills with 2 bales on the back and thats a heavy enough tractor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

thats probably a good point
    they arent really a runner i reckon unless you have a loader, otherwide the tractor will be jumping with them, my friend had my handler on his 6610 john deere and he had to reverse up hills with 2 bales on the back and thats a heavy enough tractor

That's what weights are for on the fronts of tractors. Most modern 4wd tractors have light front ends and can really only lift 1 to 1.5 ton. With weights, many tractors can lift up to 3 ton.

reilig wrote: »
    That's what weights are for on the fronts of tractors. Most modern 4wd tractors have light front ends and can really only lift 1 to 1.5 ton. With weights, many tractors can lift up to 3 ton.
    yep true enough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Atilathehun

Was watching a fella a few weeks back, with a big fergusson tractor. Double bale handler on the back and single handler on front loader.
    He was placing two side by side in the field with the double handler. Then stacking one on top with the front loader. Then picking the three up with the rear handler. Then picking a fourth one up with the front loader. Out the gate and uphill on the road. I thought it fierce dogging on the tractor, but maybe not.:confused: I'm used to only small tractor:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

Was watching a fella a few weeks back, with a big fergusson tractor. Double bale handler on the back and single handler on front loader.
    He was placing two side by side in the field with the double handler. Then stacking one on top with the front loader. Then picking the three up with the rear handler. Then picking a fourth one up with the front loader. Out the gate and uphill on the road. I thought it fierce dogging on the tractor, but maybe not.:confused: I'm used to only small tractor:P

christ alive?

neighbours young lad has a Fleming double on a white cab 7740. seems alright

if only the malone version wasn't so expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭Conflats

Nobbies wrote: »

Yea they are a great one the contractor who helps us draw and stack has one on his 6420s and its a great one much better he said than his last one cos he can save time messing around moving bales closer together etc and he uses a loader and a mchale on the front to bring 3 at a time after loading us with the trailer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Neighbour who make a lot of bales himself and contracts out reckons at up to a mile distance double bale handler and and front loader is faster than a tractor and trailer, no hooking, unhooking ,no careful loading, unloading and full trottle all the time and very little pulling in to let car pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭BalingMad

i have a fleming double with bale lifter. a great bale handler used as a normal one but the lifter system doesn't really work. it tilts the bale into middle making it very tight or impossible to put on second bale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Pat the lad

seen a clip on you tube one time of a lad with a keltec 8 or 10 bale carrier and a double carrier on the front links. think it was a js 7810. must try dig it out.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Angus4life

Muckit wrote: »

ant idea on the price muckit.? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭butt1

Angus4life wrote: »
    ant idea on the price muckit.? :)
    got a price,there on donedeal,e1300 just for the attachment,then you buy the bale lifters seperate,2100 for the hole lot,a bit pricey,nice though,i have one of the nugent single bale lifter,but just atad to dear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

BalingMad wrote: »
    i have a fleming double with bale lifter. a great bale handler used as a normal one but the lifter system doesn't really work. it tilts the bale into middle making it very tight or impossible to put on second bale

It only really works with well-shaped bales fresh off the wrapper. I find it works a treat, but you do need to be there immediately after wrapping.

Advertisement