Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows 7 problem

Options
  • 24-06-2012 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

i just completed a new build yesterday, and windows was working perfect. it did a few big updates today, and since it's going through the load screen, but then just crashing out (no blue screen just blank)
    i tried rolling back, no good, tested memory there was no issue, reset bios, still nothing. it had been running which is bugging me!
    i tried to reinstall it, but it's doing the same!! please help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Nertballs

could it be the hard drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

First of all, double check all connections in your PC to make sure nothing came lose. If every connector was inserted as it should be, it very well may be a failing hard drive :o

Download a hard drive testing utility such as seatools for dos (you burn it for to a CD) and run tests. It will give you a good indication of the drives health.

Advertisement