Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psu and Quietness

Options
  • 24-06-2012 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi there,

Just wondering how "Quiet" the superflower amazon 80plus 550watt psu is. I know quite a few of you guys prob use it. Was considering spening a few quid more and gettin the be quiet! PURE POWER CM BQT L8-CM-530W which ive seen get good reviews and is modular too!

what do u guys think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Its virtually silent. I can't hear it over any other of the fans in my computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

The Super Flower has a 140mm fan whereas most other lower wattage PSUs use 120mm fans which gives the Super Flower a good advantage in-terms of noise.

I'm at work so can't/don't want to spend a bit of time searching, but deconduo posted a pic showing the Super Flower noise at different loads and it was amazingly quiet.

Also if you want silent the Corsair HX series (and a few of their other series, not sure which ones) the fan doesn't spin up at low load levels so it would actually be completely silent until you start doing more intensive tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

thanks for the replies... that pretty much answers my question. lastly tho... is it possible to turn off the led. was unable to locate info on that on web. supposr i could just invert the psu if need b. not a biggy but just wondered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Nope, there is no way to turn off the LED without taking apart the power supply and I would advise against doing that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

N64 wrote: »
    Nope, there is no way to turn off the LED without taking apart the power supply and I would advise against doing that :P

ha ha, thanks for that... shall be leaving the unit firmly shut :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Ah come on, you need to pop that PSU open, split the LED wire connect it up to a switch like this and mount the new shiny LED switch to the back of the PSU beside the power switch :D

Warning: May affect warranty

Advertisement