Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unexpect - awesome avante-garde extreme metal

• 24-06-2012 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭

I strongly urge you to have a listen to these guys. They're described most commonly as extreme avant-garde metal and are generally considered (among those who know them) to be one of the most innovative and unique bands around. Two guitars, drums, 9-string bass, violin, male and female clean vocals and growls.

Anyone else familiar with them? Been listening to them for the past couple of months and can't get enough.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Thanks for that, had never heard of them. Sounds good. Are you familiar with Sigh?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

On the topic of Sigh, I love those guys ever since I heard the album "Hail Horror Hail"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Denny M wrote: »
    On the topic of Sigh, I love those guys ever since I heard the album "Hail Horror Hail"

Their new album is very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Their new album is very good.

Album of the year so far, imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

I just listened to the first couple of tunes from Sigh's album and yeah they are actually pretty awesome. Very similar style, will definitely look into them more!

Someone also recommended a band called Mutyumu to me when I showed them Unexpect. They're also a cool band although they're not quite intense enough for my tastes.

If you're interested in Unexpect I'd recommend their latest album first. It's really outstanding and chaotic and the songs have a bit of structure, while their previous album is still great but it's a gigantic scary bag of insanity (so I guess go with whatever sounds better to you).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

I like the sound of Unexpect, I've returned to this thread several times to check them out. They're interesting, very experimental.

I'll have a listen to that album you recommended, thanks.

Advertisement