Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkee 500 euro for the winner

• 24-06-2012 10:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭

Well done to the Kilkee Race organizers.
    Class race as always for everybody . The best goddie bag in triathlon,
    and on top of a perfect race, really good prize money for top 3.
    It can be done!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

peter kern wrote: »
    It can be done!

I suspect making a huge profit is not the main aim of LTC... unlike Athy.
    Goody bag did sound very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

to be fair to organisers, an epic goody bag. saw one of the jackets (yes jackets) today and they look great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭El Director

And the Giro sunglasses worth €100! Not that I got a chance to see/use them as the girlfriend pocketed them! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

It can be done!

Have you emailed the Athy organisers and passed on your thoughts? Pretty sure that they do no frequent boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

we had that discussion 2 years ago when the prize money was reduced from 1000 to 500 euro.......
    Anyway its not about Athy its about being positive an give Props to Kilkee...

• Advertisement

promethius wrote: »
    to be fair to organisers, an epic goody bag. saw one of the jackets (yes jackets) today and they look great

Just t make sure we dont have a misunderstanding the very decent prize money in Kilkee is on top of a great jacket and shades, top race. and after party for everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

we had that discussion 2 years ago when the prize money was reduced from 1000 to 500 euro.......
    Anyway its not about Athy its about being positive an give Props to Kilkee...

Well why mention them in the thread title ?

Yeah i seen the jacket and glasses, some of our club did it.........well done to them !

the last time tunney said not everything can be done togehter.
    and its not all about the elites.
    Kilkee does an outstanding job bringing it togheter. why not give them Kudos.
    If you dont compare it with another big race few people will understand as they all ask me are those guys who come top three full time athletes.... so they seem to think prize money is higher than 500 euro for the winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

If you dont compare it with another big race few people will understand as they all ask me are those guys who come top three full time athletes.... so they seem to think prize money is higher than 500 euro for the winner.

Agreed, but don't say its not about Athy if you put it in the thread title.

ok fair point

• Advertisement

ok fair point
    unfortunately I seem nt to be able to change the header

if some of the mods can do it, that would be cool.

Masssive respect to LTC for their races.

We could open up a whole new debate by the use of "the elites" and "full time athletes" in the above.

I see it a bit like this athletes that can come top 5 in nat champs
    or the really big races like kilkee and dublin, should not incure cost for racing . and I think nat series races should help a bit.
    And right know only the Lost Sheep, Dublin, Kilkee do that.
    Nat series overall title is worth 120 euro less than a win in Athy .

The funny thing is Limerick tri is also one of the few clubs besides Trisports and Pulse that supports its athletes.
    Overall Clubs are very fast to claim the results but often dont offer much for the advertisement they get from a fast athlete.

I see it a bit like this athletes that can come top 5 in nat champs
    or the really big races like kilkee and dublin, should not incure cost for racing . and I think nat series races should help a bit.
    And right know only the Lost Sheep, Dublin, Kilkee do that.
    Nat series overall title is worth 120 euro less than a win in Athy .

The funny thing is Limerick tri is also one of the few clubs besides Trisports and Pulse that supports its athletes.
    Overall Clubs are very fast to claim the results but often dont offer much for the advertisement they get from a fast athlete.

I agree with everything here. I would go further to say that a top ten NA athlete should not have to sit in front of a computer to try and get into a race.

Limerick Tri club is a well set up club, possibly the best in ireland, probably in fact. if something is going to be done right is it any surprise that its there?

I agree some clubs, some more so than others, sign fast people up before they even know it and then give nothing to them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Holy moly, jacket and €100 sunglasses?! What else was there?! And how much was entry?

i think entrance fee was 50 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Hanley wrote: »
    Holy moly, jacket and €100 sunglasses?! What else was there?! And how much was entry?

62.50 entry fee for Kilkee

Advertisement