Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reapplying for company that previously rejected

Options
  • 24-06-2012 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hiya I’m just wondering has anyone ever reapplied to a company that previously rejected them? Back a few months ago I applied for a job that I really wanted. I got an interview very late and had to travel up the next day where I was against nine other people. The HR person interviewing me told me that it was their eight assessment round for the one position that was available. Few days later, I got a rejection email where they stated what I did really well on and what let me down. I was gutted! I knew that I really wanted to work there so I started working two internships in a similar area and have made that weakness turn around. I have recently noticed that the job is back up so I emailed HR and she told me to apply again through the website. Do you think that as I was only interviewed five months ago I will be automatically rejected? Both my managers in my internships said that they will give me a fantastic reference as they know it’s the area I really want to expand to. I feel really passionate about the company and also the line of work that it entails. Really would appreciate any advice!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

What are you waiting for?

DO IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fashionlola87

I applied for it! :) I'm just so nervous I wont make it through the screening process, as I know with some companies you can only apply once a year or so. But as I have built up on my experience and weakness I hope they reconsider me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Might be too late now, but if the application on line allows you to attach a cover letter, it would be really good if you attach a cover letter highlighting what you've done to address weaknesses they had previously identified. acknowledge you had the interview and explain what you've done to address the feedback.

if not, make this a big focus in your interview (hopefully you get one!), you'll want to come across pleased they pointed these out. Put across the idea that the first interview represented an opportunity to understand areas you needed to develop. make yourself appear more confident and more determined to work their.

If you can get your enthusiasm across you have a good chance, there is a lot to be said for making it impossible for them to ignore you !

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SpencerT

Hi OP, I work as a HR manager and have experience of candidates applying a second time even after an original unsuccessful job application - for what it's worth I think it can show strong commitment to the organisation; shows that you really are motivated to joining them.

And I experienced this situation with one candidate a couple of years back -they were "wrong" for the first role they applied for but absolutely perfect for the next about 6 months later! And yes, they got the job :)

Even if unsuccessful, use every interview opportunity as a way of practicing technique etc etc

Best of luck with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

do you think you will be remembered from the last time,if so i wouldnt hold out much hope,and if youre found to be lying,when they ask did you apply before,you could get chucked out on your ear..

• Advertisement

After a long time looking, I found a job in May, with a place that had rejected me at Christmas (without an interview) and in March (with an interview). It was specifically mentioned to me that they remembered me from my interview and that I was the first person they had asked in.

Anyway, it's always worth a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 fashionlola87

Thanks a million everyone! I wrote on the cover letter that I had applied before and acknowledged my initial feedback from the first interview. Then I spoke about my new experience and how Iv worked on this weakness. Really hope I hear something. Feel really passionate about the company and the job role itself. All I need now is an interview and for my passion to come through!! :) Fingers crossed!! :)

Advertisement