Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe area to live while working in Mater Hospital

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Nicknamed

Very helpful suggestions on this forum last year that helped me move to Dublin from another town!

Now need to change house again!

I will be working in Beaumont hosp and my spouse in Mater.

Which area would suit us now?

We liked living in Dunlaoghaire Rochestown avenue since last year and wondering if any place in north Dublin would be similar?

Some people have suggested us Santry.

Any word on this Northwood area of Santry? Any negativities?

Thanking in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Whitehall/Collins Avenue area might be perfect for you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

How about drumcondra? Straight up drumcondra road onto Collins ave for Beaumont, and straight down drumcondra road onto Dorset st for the mater. And close to town too. No brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Nicknamed

cruais wrote: »
    How about drumcondra? Straight up drumcondra road onto Collins ave for Beaumont, and straight down drumcondra road onto Dorset st for the mater. And close to town too. No brainer.

We are considering it too thing is if we compare with Dun Laoghaire these areas look very populated and noisy. Anything peaceful like Rochestown avenue in these areas? I went to see Santry Northwood yesterday and that area looks good but that may take more time in mornings with traffic for Mater?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

I personally love Griffith Avenue and the area nearby. And Glasnevin is a very nice area too. I know what you mean about Drumcondra, its lovely but I would consider it a bit busy

• Advertisement
Advertisement