Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

doggies to Canada

Options
  • 24-06-2012 11:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32

hi folks

Looking to bring 2 of my family pets to Canada , not too concerned of the cost whats the best route

They are 2 Rottweilers they are pure breed but do not have papers

Please advise what authority I should speak too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

*** Moving from US/ Canada travel to Living Abroad, which is where living in Canada queries go until we get a separate forum ***

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

hi folks

Looking to bring 2 of my family pets to Canada , not too concerned of the cost whats the best route

You will have to get a vet cert from here,all the required shots and there will be no quarantine in Canada.
    Your looking at 1000 each per dog,they fly Frankfurt then Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tinyfox

hi folks

We just moved from Cork to Vancouver and got our collie sent over to us. I can give you the name of the company we used and any other info you want to ask.

We sent her in a Gulliver Travel size 7 box which is fairly big and it cost us €800 for her travel. She also needed her Irish passport and for that she had to get a rabies injection and a blood test and all in I think that was about €100 and her vet did all that for us. The day before she travelled she went to the vet again to get a worm dose and a final check so she could have her passport stamped indicating she was fit for travel.

PM me if you want any more info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 IrishInCalgary

Friends of ours took their Lab over as Excess baggage and it was only about $400 I believe

Advertisement