Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

porsche and rexton to canada

• 24-06-2012 11:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32

Looking to bring my 911 and my ladies jeep to Canada, will be there for 2 years

Can you advise on the policy's ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

*** Moving from US/ Canada travel to Living Abroad, which is where living in Canada queries go until we get a separate forum ***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

Looking to bring my 911 and my ladies jeep to Canada, will be there for 2 years

Can you advise on the policy's ?

Leave them where they are an option?
    rhd would be a pain in the hole over here tbhsorry not much help to you just my 2c.
    oh by the way you wont be able to switch your irish DL directly for a canadian dl. You will have to do your test unless you are moving to Saskatchewan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Have you looked at prices in north america?

Generally the flow of vehicles is going from the US to europe as the dollar is so cheap.

As far as I know the vehicle would have to be converted to north American spec so you'd have to research what that means. It wont be easy or cheap though.

If its a classic over 20 years old you may get some breaks, but again the prices here (in the us) are going up as people export them back to europe from north america.

Here's a Porsche forum i belong to that can probably answer your questions:

www.rennlist.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Advertisement