Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Works on Carysfort Avenue

Options
  • 25-06-2012 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there's any plan to clear away the construction site on Carysfort Avenue? It's been there for what seems like an age now and I haven't seen anyone working there in ages either.

Same applies to the area near the river in Carysfort Park, which has been fenced off for a long time now and looks just as bad.

For some reason I have it in my head that all those works started around the time of the floods last year and were probably there to help drainage or something like that (I could be wrong)...

It's such a shame to see that site just sitting there fenced off and abandoned (as it blocks off the park too)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

I think the works all relate to a small stream which runs down from the N11 / John of Gods / Stillorgan Grove junction which caused a flood in Stillorgan Orpen a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Yes, the ribbon of construction sites from Stillorgan to the sea at Blackrock relate to a large scheme to widen the capacity of the Maretimo stream to address frequent flooding of adjoining properties along its course over the years.

The sites arent abandoned, its just that not all locations have work going on at the same time. The whole thing will be finished up and off site by the beginning of October

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Yes, the ribbon of construction sites from Stillorgan to the sea at Blackrock relate to a large scheme to widen the capacity of the Maretimo stream to address frequent flooding of adjoining properties along its course over the years.

The sites arent abandoned, its just that not all locations have work going on at the same time. The whole thing will be finished up and off site by the beginning of October

That's great to know. I never saw any notices (they may have been printed locally and as I'm not from the estates in question, never saw them) but its great to know that they're working away as I love that park and the site is an eyesore but hopefully they'll hit that October target!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Clearly the builders are boardsies as they've removed all their equipment and grassed the area, have taken down the boards which has opened up the park again and they are rebuilding the wall they knocked in to make an entrance.

Happy days :)

Advertisement