If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart tv

• 25-06-2012 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hiya!
    I was wondering if you could recommend a smart/passive 3d tv in the €1200 price range please?
    Bigger the better but not plasma?!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Star.

There are 2 ways to look at this. Want the biggest or want the best picture ?

I would consider looking at a 47" or if you can cope with a smaller set, then a 42" will give you a sharper image.

If you need the larger screen then we can do the 47LM660 for €1250 including delivery.

Alternatively we can €1299 delivered on the LG 47LM670 which is one of the best TV's I've seen in a while. I know this may be over budget but this TV is amazing and I believe we have the cheapest price in Ireland on this model.

If you really want to go large, we can also offer the 55" LM620 for just 1479 Euro delivered.

We can also offer the 5 year on any of the above TV's for 10% of the price of the TV.

My personal choice would be the 47LM670 and I reckon that it's the best 47" TV below £1300 at the moment.

I hope this helps but keep me posted on any thoughts you have.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 3 glohan

I am looking everywhere to see if I can purchase a 22 inch Smart TV but they all seem to come in bigger screens. Anyone know where one can be bought in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

You can get one from us !

The Sony KDL22EX320 is a smart model and the only one that we currently keep.

It has to be said that the picture is amazing and it's super stylish.

We generally carry this in stock and I have it at the moment.

Delivery would be £12.99 and the 5 year warranty would be £22.95. If you would like to order this, please drop us a PM with a contact number as we can call you for details.

I hope this answers the query but if you have any others, please let us know.

ATB

Dave

Thanks Dave I had been looking at amazon.co.uk who stock them but UK smart tv's probably have UK apps installed and are not SaorView ready(FreeView only) I think so it may be wiser to stick with Irish systems.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

glohan wrote: »
    Thanks Dave I had been looking at amazon.co.uk who stock them but UK smart tv's probably have UK apps installed and are not SaorView ready(FreeView only) I think so it may be wiser to stick with Irish systems.

I use a 22EX myself and I know it works both with UK freeview and Saorview so you are safe with the 320..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks I'm not sure of the workings of the smart TV in that does it come loaded with RTE Player App, for example, or is it possible to put additional apps on the TV after purchase? A UK TV I would imagine is preinstalled with APPS which would be useless in Ireland. Also even though it can receive SaorView I suspect the remote control would not be compatible in having buttons for the SaorView programme guide and Info button possibly - but I'm not sure?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.