Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard nosed in Seattle

Options
  • 25-06-2012 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Welcome back sport fans !

" Hard nosed in Seattle "

The Seahawks decided to fill the vacant head coaching role with a rookie coach. Hoping a fresh face would invigorate a stale roster

Qkitten came into Seattle with a troubled team. A locker room was in disarray , senior players were holding the team to ransom . What did the rookie coach do ? She got rid of a troublesome star's in Julius Peppers. At first it seemed to the league like a mistake but from game one it appears to have had a stabilizing effect on the roster and asserted Qkitten as tough talking coach .

Seahawks started there season with 2 divisional games against the 49ers and the high flying Cardinals. Week 2's defeat against Arizona was a worrying sign. But back to back wins against the Saints and Vikings were Seattle only gave up 10 points on defense in both games showed signs of promise. Did Matt Stafford and Co just need time to learn the Kitten Offense ?

The Defense synchronized with the defensive play book in week 5 with a 20-17 win over there bitter NFC West rivals the 49ers. 2 turnovers to 0 was the difference for the Seahawks.

The Seahawks were 3-2 and riding high. A surge of momentum filled the streets of Seattle, then as usual an unneeded bye week came to the Hawks.

After it the Rams caught this bird of prey napping and beat em up 24-7. A new coach , the best start for the franchise in 3 years at 3-3 the team were fragile. A home game was needed preferably against a flawed team Who comes from out East ? Thats right Berty's "Gang Green" !who obtained perfection in last years regular season.

What happens next galvanizes teams into a persona , while that head coach is in the hot seat with there philosophy the team play like them. We see it in the BFL all the time . The Packers are simply clutch , the Jets are close to perfection, The Raiders are against well everybody, the Giants will stay about there chances of a Superbowl no matter how well there playing, the Buc's will continue to harp on about GOAT's in games, The Lions will keep losing close games. Teams become there coaches persona

The same can be said for Seattle after this game they became hard nosed.

When can a defeat be a victory ? Well a 10-7 loss to the Jets is pretty close. Yes they lost but this defense forced Aaron Rodgers to drag his team up the field twice and he could only muster with 10 points in 60 minutes of football. The league were on notice . Come to Seattle Bring your A game !

Record in week eight 3-4. Wins against the Phins and the Patriots pushed the Seahawks on 5-4. Again in a 3 game stretch this defense had only allowed 23 points.

Week 11 saw St Louis come to town and the Ram's won 7-3 in the fourth quarter. To narrow loses at home but the home fans believe ! At 5-5 the team knew that they were better than there record.

Last week saw a change in fortune for the Seahawks. They scored points on offense against the Chicago Bears ! Going into the fourth quarter Seattle were down by 7. But unlike previsouly in the year, they learned from there mistakes and went onto score two touchdowns in the final quarter. With Peython Hillis going in off the back of a 2minute drill to put the Hawks up by four. However they left an expolosive Bears 58 seconds to go up the field and with Dwayne Bowe on the field anything can happen.

What did there defense do ? The lived up to there persona and prevented any comeback by pass happy Eli Manning.

Its now week 13 and the Seattle Seahawks are 6-5 a daunting schedule awaits them with games against the Giants (10-1), Lions (9-2), Cardinals(7-4), Bills (9-3) and Packers (7-4) remaining.

All these teams are play off contenders. I won't try predict the outcome of these match ups, I wont go in depth into the statistics , I could write more about how the Seahawks are creating these hard fought victories and loses but i wont. I won't predict if Seattle can win the NFC West or if they can nab a wild card spot

Ill predict one thing , The Seahawks remaining games will be hard nosed..

Until next time sports fans :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Still waiting on the Raiders thread Dave. We may have had plenty of CPU games but we beat 3 playoff-bound teams and haven't lost.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

He's right Dave.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Excellent write-up Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

matthew8 wrote: »
    Still waiting on the Raiders thread Dave. We may have had plenty of CPU games but we beat 3 playoff-bound teams and haven't lost.

I have 98 reasons not to do one Matthew ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

I'd like to see all 98 reasons Dave please??? I'll start you off:

1. Beating Dave's beloved Bills 98 - 20
    2. ....
    3. ....
    4. ....

while you're at it, can we have those updated odds!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

ibmax wrote: »

I'd like to see all 98 reasons Dave please??? I'll start you off:

1. Beating Dave's beloved Bills 98 - 20
    2. Some coffee granules have yet to dissolve even though ive put the water in and stirred for ages.
    3. ....
    4. ....

while you're at it, can we have those updated odds!!!

Gimme odds on the Rams winning over five games....Jets, Lions, 49ersx2, and someone else cant see me getting two...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Congrats to the Seahawks for making it to the play offs !

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Advertisement