Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just because I'm a low level. It does NOT mean I'm rubbish.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I recently picked up Rayman Origins as I wanted a break from Fifa and Cod. Best decision I ever made.

Also, am I the only one who finds the halo community to be far more.... nice or laid back than the Cod or BF community? Perhaps its the fact that half of the halo players are french speaking, or that you could go 10 games without hearing a person speak in a game, but it seems far more laid back, and people generally dont seem to take the game as seriously, like if they lose, their parents will be shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Tinie wrote: »
    Also, am I the only one who finds the halo community to be far more.... nice or laid back than the Cod or BF community?.

Played Halo online since Halo 2 and its exactly the same as the cod community except you haven't come across it yet. The cod community isn't that much different than any other online community, you get the same amount of morons every where. I think the difference is that cause there's more people playing cod , because of the percentage of cnuts to normal people, it seems like there's gonns be more dickheads on cod.Also people seem to be more vocal playing cod than other games.
    You'll get people that'll tell you the bf3 community is better and more mature but I come across plenty of idiots on it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Tinie wrote: »
    I recently picked up Rayman Origins as I wanted a break from Fifa and Cod. Best decision I ever made.

Also, am I the only one who finds the halo community to be far more.... nice or laid back than the Cod or BF community? Perhaps its the fact that half of the halo players are french speaking, or that you could go 10 games without hearing a person speak in a game, but it seems far more laid back, and people generally dont seem to take the game as seriously, like if they lose, their parents will be shot.
    Rayman Origins is such a great game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

I'm 4th prestige in COD but have earned some great experience by playing with and against the gents in the boards clans so well able for these children, usually they forfeit even when the game is close. If they win, i congratulate them on a wonderful game and be on my way.

They are the lowest form of human intelligence but i much prefer a noisy ignorant lobby than a quiet one, it's akin to watchin apes lobb shít at each other, its crude but entertaining and you develop an understanding of the physcology of a complete tool.

Got a message from a guy once who called gave out to me for capping flags in Domination and playing support and was called "a trying too hard cúnt".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Got a message from a guy once who called gave out to me for capping flags in Domination and playing support and was called "a trying too hard cúnt".

Trying to win a game? How dare you good sir!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Orim wrote: »
    Trying to win a game? How dare you good sir!

You often see this is in objective games in halo. Especially grifball. People just want to farm kills, not win the game :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I remember this theory I scoped once, ages ago, that some people need to lambaste what they perceive to be inferior to them. It reinforces, or justifies, their identity, and also, more often than not, their choices in life. I think it kind of applies here, if not too dramatically phrased.

I once read a cool article on how this relates to HD-console gamers vs Wii-players and Xbox Live vs PSN. I'll try dig it out.

Closer to topic, I'd agree with OP's sentiment. I've noticed this on SSFIV:AE when I first started messing around online, players would drop you from a lobby, even with a good connection, with the implication being you not having enough BP/PP to hang with the big-boys.

Advertisement