Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Map Packs for which game? And should I buy an ELITE premium?

• 25-06-2012 3:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

I just recently bought Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3. I play both of them a good length of time but I wouldn't mind buying one of the map packs. But I'm not sure which game to get them for? There's 4 map packs on Black Ops for 1200msp each and I think there's like .. 2?...pieces of DLC for MW3.

Also, Call of Duty Elite...Should I buy the premium account or should I just stick with what I use on it already? I'm not entirely sure what features that comes on it but when I have a game that has all these premium features available to buy, I want to get the most out of that game. But is it worth buying is all?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Don't buy elite and don't buy the dlc

My 2 cent's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

DLC for Black Ops is good.

DLC for MW3 seems to be plagued with problems so you should stear clear.
    And nobody has anything good to say about Elite so don't get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Elite is the biggest waste of money imo. The mw3 maps are mostly larbage with a few exceptions but not worth the money at all. Haven't come across one person so far that are happy with teh elite package as a whole. MW3's life span is near the end as alot of people are stopping playing it for one reason or another and alot seem to be gone back to BLops, so maybe you'd be better off getting the map packs there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

The first black ops map pack (first strike) is the best one to get.

Berlin Wall: A big simple box like level design that's easy to learn. I like it but the downside are the spawns; too often enemies tend to spawn behind you or on your side of the map. Don't try capping B dom alone without flak jacket, gas mask and a smoke grenade! Finally the auto turrets won't kill you if you walk without rhythm.
    Discovery: big sniper oriented map but probably too big, as players tend to be conscious of being in the open and stay in buildings too often. Crying out for fewer covered buildings and 1 more flanking route.
    Stadium: best map in the map pack and probably in all of the black ops DLC. Up there with firing range. All gun types get a chance to shine.
    Kowloon: fun map to play domination on as B dom is contestable from both sides. Ziplines are a bit of a novelty, but have no real impact in gameplay. Colour palette is a bit drap and tends to favour campers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

I disagree,

I don't think MW3 is the best online and for that the Elite package is a waste of money, however, I play spec ops and survival a lot split screen with my mates and from that perspective the Elite package is well worth it.
    €50 gets you more spec ops missions, the dlc ones are probably the best out of the lot albeit a bit short, and there's a couple of the maps for survival which are great, Oasis from the last map pack to name one!

However, if you're just gonna play Team deathmatch or something online I wouldn't bother with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Elite only costs €35 if you buy the 4000 points package that HMV are selling.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

If you do buy DLC for Black Ops, buy the first one. I forget the actual name of the DLC but it contains the maps Stadium, Kowloon, Discovery and something else that escapes my mind at present. Stadium is a great map, as is the zombie map Ascension.

The second DLC for Black Ops was terrible. Didn't buy the third one myself, but I'm sure a few here could comment on that.

MW3 is ****e, as is Elite and... you guessed it, as is the DLC. Avoid like I avoid Tuam when I drive through Galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

KeithTS wrote: »
    I disagree,

I don't think MW3 is the best online and for that the Elite package is a waste of money, however, I play spec ops and survival a lot split screen with my mates and from that perspective the Elite package is well worth it.
    €50 gets you more spec ops missions, the dlc ones are probably the best out of the lot albeit a bit short, and there's a couple of the maps for survival which are great, Oasis from the last map pack to name one!

However, if you're just gonna play Team deathmatch or something online I wouldn't bother with it.

In fairness, the spec ops missions, like all the DLC can be be picked up without the Elite subscription.

Advertisement