Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Facebook & Twitter Likes, Followers

Options
  • 25-06-2012 3:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi all,

I hope this is in the right place, I searched back to sept of last year for a similar thread so please direct me to one if I missed it.

I am running a twitter account at the moment and they wanted 1,000 of followers in the first few days but I explained to them that to be a trustworthy site you need to organically develop your followers. I have been wary of just buying the followers

Has anyone successfully bought FB/Twitter likes and followers and actually got real results, I mean not being followed by bots on twitter, turning them into sales or banned from twitter for following too many accounts....

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

Why buy followers ? having robots following you isn't going to help you as a businesses, once they've clicked follow it doesn't mean that they are going to buy your product, visit your webpage or retweet your tweets. It's all a waste of time and money.

The best way to get followers is to be genuine, engage and help people (and that's free)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Pablo wrote: »
    Why buy followers ? having robots following you isn't going to help you as a businesses, once they've clicked follow it doesn't mean that they are going to buy your product, visit your webpage or retweet your tweets. It's all a waste of time and money.

The best way to get followers is to be genuine, engage and help people (and that's free)

I 100% agree with building a loyal bunch of followers by engaging, but I'd be interested to know if anyone used a service like this to get a foothold on Twitter/Facebook. So for a brand new service with no followers/likes, has anyone had more success in gaining followers once they had a their 1st 1000 or so?

I know I'd subconsciously be more likely to engage with a company/service with at least some following (fake or not I guess).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Twitter is one of the biggest wastes of time for most marketers in my experience. People interact much more with FB/SU/Pin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Twitter is one of the biggest wastes of time for most marketers in my experience. People interact much more with FB/SU/Pin

This may be true in some cases, but I've seen it used particularly well in promoting company blogs etc and it turn to promote courses or events they may be running. See @TweakYourBiz for a great example of Twitter in use by an Irish company/blog.

That said, of course it'll depend on the industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

condra wrote: »

You're just not doing it right :-)

• Advertisement

Ben Moore wrote: »
    Has anyone successfully bought FB/Twitter likes and followers and actually got real results, I mean not being followed by bots on twitter, turning them into sales or banned from twitter for following too many accounts....
    Thanks.

You can advertise on Facebook and get likes that way - and I highly recommend that you do - because you'll get more interaction on your posts. But if you think that 1000's of followers will turn into sales, well you're going to be waiting.

You see - people just can't get their mind out of advertising. We're so schooled on 1980s brand building, advertising, show-them-they-will buy and the internet couldn't be more opposite. You can liken Facebook/twitter to a channel but you're just deceiving yourself in part because they are only partially like a channel.

It depends on your audience, your product and who you're getting through to. You might have the right message, product, price and end up getting through to the wrong person. It's doubtful you have the right message or you wouldn't be here.

For our SEO strategy business, LinkedIn and twitter are by and large the single best place to create business links. Without a doubt. We don't really need to market much, it's more about fun and keeping ourselves challenged to stay at the top of our game but for the amount of referrals we get, as we grow, it will be the single biggest focus. Facebook is the worst, along with SU and Pinterest.

However, if you take our AuldSodGifts business (which I'm not trying to plug but you can find the fb page easily) - the facebook page is growing at about 100 a week and is just shy of 4,600 as I write this. However, twitter is a terrible experience for it, because its the hardest channel. but SEO is great for it.

For Limerick Local Heroes - which has now become a very big and very real entity in Limerick with 2 volunteer students and a full time employee in our shiny new hub, the whole thing was built via twitter and Facebook.

It's quite a recipe to get right: the right message, the right brand (overall) and the right people.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 vikashmundaa

condra wrote: »
    Yeah True indeed twitter is for branding purpose rather than traffic no doubt it sends traffic but the quality of that traffic is not good in terms of conversion you can't expect visitor from twitter to buy your product or get clicks on your ads.

Yeah True indeed twitter is for branding purpose rather than traffic no doubt it sends traffic but the quality of that traffic is not good in terms of conversion you can't expect visitor from twitter to buy your product or get clicks on your ads.

Hi Vikas - where do you get this from? Twitter is infrastructure / content sharing / many things but its not "for branding"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Seoda1

I had only a hand full of likes on my Facebook page and decided to buy some Facebook likes from www.fansviewslikes.com and now I have over 500!

It's a great confidence booster for me as I know I've more than a pathetic handful of likes, makes my fan page more credible! I know they may not be "real" but it does look better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

I recommend fiverr.com, I've seen gigs offering over 30k followers!

Or if you're the cheap sorta guy, there's always addmefast.com
    (create a dummy account to earn points , don't use your companies one)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

1) Making the content on Social Media interesting enough for people to want to read and engage with.

2) Advertise specific posts or your page overall through Facebook Adverts.

In my experience, this works. I haven't ever bought 'Likes' and I understand that Facebook keeps a watch on this type of behaviour anyway.

Advertisement