Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Accodation

Options
  • 25-06-2012 5:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey guys I was looking for some advice about getting a flat for myself and 2 friends whom I roomed with on campus last year. Is there a specific site or place to look for student accommodation or is daft.ie ok? Also I noticed alot of the appartments there specify that there is a one year minimum lease, is this flexible in general for the university year in general? Also I was wondering if anyones had difficulty getting accommodation as a student?

Hope you could answer a few questions as itd be great help!

Also any existing apartments/houses that anyones used in the past that people could recommend would be great!

*Edit just noticed my horrible spelling in the title! Apologizes!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭swatch

I'm wondering the exact same thing, I definitely don't want a 12 month lease but everything on daft seems to say minimum 1 year eeeep!? Also is it just me, or does anyone else think that there appears to be absolutely no new houses up on daft round campus in the last few weeks? I'm starting to get a little bit worried!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

9 month lease is good for you, bad for the landlord, as he's out 3 months potential rent. Ergo most landlords don't offer 9 month leases if they can help it.

Some would be willing to negotiate, if it's getting closer to the wire and you guys seem like good tenants, though some might not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement