Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenager interferes with arrest, attacks officers and gets knocked out(dublin,garda

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cmc87

He fought the law, and the law won!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

The Gardai need more backing from judges in these situations, they're afraid to draw their batons half the time from what I used to see. As [Jackass] said, try that sh1t in America, Canada or hell even Spain and see what happens. If you assault a Garda you go to jail, it should be as simple as that. I remember a guy in Galway a few years ago who bit a Garda's hand and walked with a suspended sentence - it's no wonder people like those shown in the video have no fear or respect for Gardai. End rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

In America he'd have been shot about 67 times. Not that I think that would be deserved, meet the offender with as little force as is required, and I think a few belts of an ASP did the job nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

The Gardai need more backing from judges in these situations, they're afraid to draw their batons half the time from what I used to see. As [Jackass] said, try that sh1t in America, Canada or hell even Spain and see what happens. If you assault a Garda you go to jail, it should be as simple as that. I remember a guy in Galway a few years ago who bit a Garda's hand and walked with a suspended sentence - it's no wonder people like those shown in the video have no fear or respect for Gardai. End rant.

I agree with most of your post. What I would add is if you assault anyone, not just a garda, you should be punished. I wouldn't make assaulting a garda any more serious than civillains. As for giving them jailtime, well I doubt we have enough prison space for every criminal which is unfortunate. I do agree that they are getting of far too lightly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

so soon after rodney king died, I see we have learned nothing about police brutality

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

The Garda attacked looks to be a Bangarda. Fair play to her/him.

You can tell by the pyjamas that its somewhere in Dublin. I'm a dub myself, from near city centre and these ****ing dirty scumbags are a plague on our great country. Stereotypes and generalisations are mostly the wrong way to go. But now at least we can clearly identify the leeches of society. I've yet to meet anyone who falls into the two categories below who isn't an absolute dirtbag. Likely they don't work, and just claim the dole and spend it on JD Sports/Champion, bookies and heroin.

Men: Sunken Faces, Tracksuit bottoms with round neck jumpers, both hands down front of bags.
    Women: Overweight, pyjamas, fake tan.

Can you imagine how awesome this country would be without these f**king sub human filthy pigs?

It would be awesomesauce! That's how awesome it would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

Can you imagine how awesome this country would be without these f**king sub human filthy pigs?
    A Final Solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

so soon after rodney king died, I see we have learned nothing about police brutality

You must have missed the scumbag attacking the guard and the the guard defending herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

That was some fine baton work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

You must have missed the scumbag attacking the guard and the the guard defending herself.

just like rodney king...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

just like rodney king...

Back under your bridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Watched it again, he got off lightly getting ko'd...the ASP smashing his arm to bits would have been more fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

Squ wrote: »
    A Final Solution?

EDUCATION, EDUCATION, EDUCATION. (and stricter policing obviously)

If both your parents are toe rags, walking around like the undead, or Mrs. Blobby, what are you going to think is acceptable?

The way the state dishes out the dole without enough investigation into the need, is a disgrace. We all know this. It's nothing new. But nothing has been done about it.

What about a poster campaign similar to this. I would pay money, hard earned and taxed cash, on a poster campaign if it would help clean up the garbage. Something like the queensland rail maybe?

E.g.

'Anto wears tracksuit bottoms all the time. This is fine. Anto doesn't have his hands down the front of his cacks. Good on you Anto.'

Or maybe an Animaniacs 'good idea, bad idea' type campaign.

E.g.

'Good idea: Wearing you pyjamas to bed,

Bad idea: Wearing pyjamas out on the street, like a f**king horrible filthy grot bag'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

We need more Lugs Brannigans! Pity the baton didn't accidentally hit that mouthy cow in the throat

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭MEMBER12

The Garda that was involved in this clip will be writing reports for ever, just to keep the ombudsman happy. There should be stiffer sentences for attacking a Garda than a civi, because it happens all the time. This type of incident happens a hundred times a day up and down Ireland. The judges don't give a ****, because they earned money off the back of these scumbags when they were solicitors. They do not want to cut the income of solicitors, free legal aid makes them millions. The public need to back up the Garda just by voicing their opinions. A scumbags voice is always loudest, so we need to join together against them.