Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things that go crunch in the night...

• 25-06-2012 8:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

As often happens, I woke early today to the sound of bones being rhythmically crunched. The cats had a raw chicken leg last night.

The girl was on the bed so I assumed it was the boy. Since the dogs took up night residence in the annexe, the bathroom window downstairs is open all the time so I don't need to be up and down to let the cats in and out.

When I switched the bedside light on, there was pandemonium, and a ginger cat streaked past the bed and headed for the door, followed by our girl.. Off he shot and down the stairs and out of the bathroom window at high speed.

This is the feral?? we fed all the bad winter. We were about to get the trap for TNR when he came to howl goodbye and we never saw him again until recently.

Now he comes sometimes and howls under the bedroom window.

Never lets me get nearer than about ten yards. Sits on the gatepost talking loudly.

And now he has learned to help himself. I was blaming the boy cat here for some things being nibbled in the kitchen.

At first our cats growled and hissed but seemingly the girl does not mind.

So now we will leave food and a bed in the bathroom and then see about the trapping again. He is very welcome. Meantime he will get wormed etc.

No idea why he did not come all those months. Maybe an old one who has been in hospital? Matters not as he is safe now...

Gingercat; welcome! You are safe home now. If you don't want to be petted, that is fine too. All is up to you; unconditional care here.

Blessings and peace

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

We veyr recently had a similar situation with a feral/stray. Only we dont have any other cats.
    She orignally showed last September for a few days then disappeared until April this year.
    We managed to trap her and get her neutered and check over. She would venture into the hallway to eat but preferred to live outside in the bushes.

One day she did make it all the way to the living room, I didnt notice cos the door wasnt open so she must have come in through the kitchen window. Once she realised I was there she bolted!

Unfortunately we havent seen her for a week now. Its very odd as she had settled into a routine of being asleep in the front garden in the morning, whilst waiting for breakfast, then coming back again in the afternoon and evening for more food.

I hope she is safe wherever she is now :)

Advertisement