Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live query with a little red light thrown in...

Options
  • 25-06-2012 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Strange query really and sorry if I go on but I'll try explain it as best I can.

Ok I've been playing under gamertag lets say "user1" for quite some time. I've used Xbox live, everything was fine.

Then my Hotmail account was hacked. Cant get in at all. 3 security questions were set up so long ago I cant remember any of them.

But Xbox live still worked fine as I didnt need to login.

Now my Xbox decided to red light on me roughly 6 months ago outside the 3 year warranty so I brought it to a shop local to me. They fixed it.

I should say my gold membership ran out around the same time as red light.

I didnt renew. That was as I say about 6 months ago.

When I got the xbox fixed I was hoping to go online again obviously but when I turned it on I've encountered a couple of problems.

I couldnt get my gamertag to work as I had to log in but because my old hotmail account was hacked and I cant get into it I now cant get into the gamertag.

So I set up a new gamertag lets say "user 2" and paid for a 14 month licence and started playin online again and all was fine BUT now all my maps etc arent there.

Oh and all the games I've loaded to the harddrive dont seem to load from the hard drive anymore since the redlight was fixed.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Well, in the first place, I'd go about getting your hotmail back. There's an option to contact microsoft support, you fill out a form detailing a heap of information that may be held in your hotmail. (email subjects, contact names etc). They will then reset the password and give it to you. That's what you should do.

And with regards the the "user2" profile, the reason why maps aren't there for that profile is because content like maps/ arcade games are linked per gamertag. So any content that you paid for will be only playable on "user1".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Ok I was hoping you wouldnt say that to be honest because I really cant remember any info from that account ie the names that are in the address book or any of that to be honest. Might try get the form anyway and see is there ANYTHING I know on it.

If for some reason I do manage to get "user 1" working again can I transfer my xbox live subscription accross to it I wonder?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Well, it would be fairly easy for MS to tell if the account was hacked into, they should help get your account back.

And as for transferring the membership, there's no official way to do it, but maybe if you telephone xbox support, the sales side, explain your story, ask if they could cancel your membership on user2 and give you the rest of the membership in the form of 3month and 1 month trials to transfer to user1. I've never heard of anyone transferring membership but you could try

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Well, in the first place, I'd go about getting your hotmail back. There's an option to contact microsoft support, you fill out a form detailing a heap of information that may be held in your hotmail. (email subjects, contact names etc). They will then reset the password and give it to you. That's what you should do.

And with regards the the "user2" profile, the reason why maps aren't there for that profile is because content like maps/ arcade games are linked per gamertag. So any content that you paid for will be only playable on "user1".

Not all arcade games and map packs are locked to the purchasing Gamertag. There are usually two licenses; One for the GT and one local license for the console. It is at the discretion of the game manufacturer how they want to go about it. I am going to presume that the map packs that are not usable with the second GT are for COD. They are locked to the purchasing GT. Activision bleed those $$$ from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Ok I was hoping you wouldnt say that to be honest because I really cant remember any info from that account ie the names that are in the address book or any of that to be honest. Might try get the form anyway and see is there ANYTHING I know on it.

If for some reason I do manage to get "user 1" working again can I transfer my xbox live subscription accross to it I wonder?

cheers

Xbox Support cannot help you to get a blocked WLID sorted. That is up to Windows Live support. Had it been your Gamertag that was stolen and recovered to another console, then they would help you.

They also will not transfer a subscription from one account to another.

• Advertisement
Advertisement