Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blasters and Jason Ringenberg

Options
  • 25-06-2012 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

Should be good. A date next week in Dublin for The Blasters and JR. Wednesday July 4th @ the Button Factory.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Curses! Gig cancelled. On a more positive note Dave Alvin is heading this way soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 tiki paul

Jason Ringenberg is still playing though, it's been moved to Whelan's Upstairs venue instead. See the link for info.
    http://www.whelanslive.com/index.php/archives/12347

Excellent news thanks! Will head along. Hope we get to see the Scorchers here later in the year too.
    tiki paul wrote: »
    Jason Ringenberg is still playing though, it's been moved to Whelan's Upstairs venue instead. See the link for info.
    http://www.whelanslive.com/index.php/archives/12347

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Great news, thanks for posting this, OP. Hopefully the Scorchers gig is still a go for later this year too!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

JATS in Sept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Hybrid Moments

Sad news about Phil but it seems he's on the mend.

Looking forward to Jason, he never disappoints.

Jason played a blinder in Ballymore tonight. Roll on Wed.

What kind of a set did he do, Ned, I presume there's some Scorchers stuff thrown in?

solo, scorchers and farmer jason. and a few covers. bad news is that there will be no JATS irish gig in the autumn

Cr@p! You got talking to him afterwards, then?

Looks like I'll be taking a trip to Liverpool, so.....

• Advertisement

yeah, had a chat afterwards. there was only about 20 people there so he had plenty of time to talk to anyone that wanted to. gonna head over to the uk myself for the leicester and york gigs. and maybe newcastle. love that band

Farmer Jason t-shirt at the ready, looking forward to this..... :)

Well, that was pretty good! Loved the story with the Dutch DJ for Absolutely Sweet Marie. :D

Ned, do you happen to know the name of the support act? I couldn't catch her name at the time.....

i was talking to her afterwards and i'm embarrassed to say i cant remember her name

• Registered Users Posts: 15 tiki paul

The support act was Angie McLaughlin. She plays with Minnie and The Illywhackers, and formerly with The Sick And Indigent Songclub.

Cheers, I heard Jason call her Minnie at one point, but that was all I could get...

sad news. original scorchers drummer perry baggs has passed away after a long illness.

That's far too young.

Perry Baggs dies at 50

RIP

• Advertisement

solo, scorchers and farmer jason. and a few covers. bad news is that there will be no JATS irish gig in the autumn

All is not lost! They are looking at a Dublin date:

"I'm looking at Dublin/Whelan's on 26 September, another last minute possibility - show of hands?" So, mail Deb Whittingon <warnerrue100@gmail.com> and let her know that you are interested in getting the band here. Thanks.

good news. hope it happens. and i've got the uk gigs to look forward too as well.:)

its confirmed. are you ready for the country ?

Deadly. Looking forward to this a lot. Not long to wait either

Yee-haw!!!

Tickets have gone on sale now, €18 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Rebellious Jukebox

Louder than War interview

Tonight's the night, folks! :D

Should be great. Can recommend 'Against the grain' across the road from Whelans for a few pre-gig craft beers too

• Advertisement

Very enjoyable gig, although the turn-out was a little disappointing (probably not helped by the short notice and the proximity of Marketing...sorry, Arthur's Day). Guess who won a setlist!?! (bonus points for identifying the actual songs) :D

sm_jats_setlist.jpg

Advertisement