Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eurosport 3D

• 25-06-2012 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard anything about Eurosport 3D becoming active again on UPC?

They had it up last year for the French Open Tennis as a tester and now that Eurosport are doing the Olympics in 3D I'm wondering if they will bring it back on again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Flip Flop

Doubt it. Eurosport broadcast all of this years French Open Tennis - Centre Court matches in 3D but UPC didn't carry it.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Johnny Johnson

Eurosports 3D coverage was shown on Sky 3D. They will do the same for the Olympics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭afatbollix

It was also on virgin in the uk so UPC might be able to get it.

They will have 3D for the olympics and more than likely the us open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

afatbollix wrote: »
    It was also on virgin in the uk so UPC might be able to get it.

They will have 3D for the olympics and more than likely the us open.

Not according to this article - "Sky 3D will air exclusive 3D action from Eurosport every day during the Games, including around eight hours of live coverage and four hours of highlights from each day"
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/news/a374995/sky-to-broadcast-eurosports-3d-olympics-coverage.html

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

Owning a very expensive 3d tv, I have to say the format has been a total disaster. Aside from the odd sporting event I can't think of a single reason why I would bother to invest in another one.

3D has failed as a tv format.....I don't think UPC will be loosing much by not getting access to Eurosport 3D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

barrackali wrote: »
    Owning a very expensive 3d tv, I have to say the format has been a total disaster. Aside from the odd sporting event I can't think of a single reason why I would bother to invest in another one.

3D has failed as a tv format.....I don't think UPC will be loosing much by not getting access to Eurosport 3D.

You're right UPC won't lose much by not having it but it still would be nice to see some 3D. I know the BBC have said they are showing the opening ceremony and the 100m final in 3D so at least we'll probably have that.

Nowadays nearly all tv's come with 3d as standard so it doesn't really make a difference if you don't want it unlike when most of us bought TVs this time. In fairness I got mine more for movies and games than live tv. Unfortunately games turned out to be fairly weak at implementing it properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Johnny Johnson

I think the BBC will have a nightly 3D highlights programme also

Not according to this article - "Sky 3D will air exclusive 3D action from Eurosport every day during the Games, including around eight hours of live coverage and four hours of highlights from each day"
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/news/a374995/sky-to-broadcast-eurosports-3d-olympics-coverage.html

It will be on Virgin, Looks like that is a Sky PR piece.

They are also moving the HD channel from Paris to London.

Ive been told by the Eurosport that Eurosport 3D has been offered to UPC and if you have Eurosport HD you should get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

this iteration of 3D has proved once again to be a gimmick and it's already dying. Back to the drawing board. It'll only have any value when no glasses will be required and a sense of immersion is achieved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

afatbollix wrote: »
    Ive been told by the Eurosport that Eurosport 3D has been offered to UPC and if you have Eurosport HD you should get it.

Just checked, it's not on UPC Ireland - it was on last May/June

British Eurosport 2 HD launches on 3 Sept, hopefully UPC will get that

They won't as it's only on sky for a bit.

They stumped up the cash to make it HD so they get exculsivity for a while.

Advertisement