Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alien harvest

• 25-06-2012 10:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭

I have a theory (which is right)that we were "planted"here by aliens and they will be back when we reach a certain population (or when then the crop is ripe)what should I do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

kneemos wrote: »
    I have a theory (which is right)that we were "planted"here by aliens and they will be back when we reach a certain population (or when then the crop is ripe)what should I do.

Try to cop on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Look for evidence to support your theory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Wear a wig, they won't recognise you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

Seek psychiatric consultation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

make a tinfoil hat quickly so they cant read your mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Not an expert, but isn't that what scientologists believe? Not really something you should admit to in a public forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

So, did you like the rest of Prometheus or just that bit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

biko wrote: »

Such a great documentary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The what now.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

You should try and spread the word my friend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Join the Scientology cult - they think they have all the answers when it comes to invading aliens!

...Bring your check-book, credit cards and cash!

Biggins wrote: »
    Join the Scientology cult - they think they have all the answers when it comes to invading aliens!

Most important point, OP ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Become a serial killer , to keep the population below the ripe for harvest stage, remember the fate of the world lies in your hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Cover yourself in marmite, the aliens will either love it or hate it.

If they love it, you die quick.

If they hate it, they do no go near you and you live. You live alone, everybody else is dead apart from those who are ginger or are covered in marmite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Tin foil hat, then they cannot read your thoughts. If they think we've copped on to their plan they could invade at any time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Yea i heard if you pay the scientologists off they will keep the Aliens off your back!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Put your head between your legs and kiss your a** goodbye.

Not an expert, but isn't that what scientologists believe? Not really something you should admit to in a public forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I think your confusing humans with trees and flowers and stuff like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

The thread title is about Alien, not origins of life.
    Wrong movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Panspermia isn't that far fetched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭books4sale

Look for evidence to support your theory.

There already is evidence, how do you think the dinosaurs got wiped out?

With the size of some people on this planet it won't be long now......

Embrace your creator heathens.

Standard irish.Born catholic.Practicing protestant,leading to atheism.

Standard irish. Born catholic. Practicing protestant, leading to atheism.

What??? :confused:

What??? :confused:

He was harvested, poor guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Standard irish.Born catholic.Practicing protestant,leading to atheism.
    Jesus your a little jumpie

Rabies wrote: »
    He was harvested, poor guy.

He's certainly off his plot!

He's certainly off his plot!

The tin foil is weak with this one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Are religious beliefs any less wacky? In one popular religion:

A man is somehow born from a virgin mother, this man is the son of an all powerful entity.
    The son of this entity sacrifices himself to save mankind.
    He then returns from the dead & ascends into heaven.
    Everyone of this faith now awaits his second coming, and that they will spend eternity in an afterlife paradise.

Yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

EnterNow wrote: »

A man is somehow born from a virgin mother, this man is the son of an all powerful entity.
    Everyone of this faith now awaits his second coming, and that they will spend eternity in an afterlife paradise.

Yeah.

Now that would be good science fiction. The harvesting makes no sense... I mean you cant wait generations to harvest stuff, you would starve in the meantime. Also why bother with a intelligent race, why not just prime evolution to produce lots of pigs, sheep and cows.

unlesss...... that is what they are using us for!!!!

Thanks for that, Biggins. It all makes perfect sense now. I just hope you have your tin foil hat.

Now, where's my cheque book and credit card:confused:?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Dr.Strange

EnterNow wrote: »

Yeah.

You've been playing too many computer games and missing out on Mass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Now that would be good science fiction.
    The wackiness of religious mythology has definitely inspired some good SF e.g. Robert Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land (1961) features a man born on Mars who comes to Earth. He has some special powers, but he's naive and his good will is abused by unscrupulous people. He starts a church. but his message is misunderstood, he's harassed, and eventually lynched by a mob. But he's able to communicate with one of his friends from the afterlife. The parallels are fairly obvious ...

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Maybe we are the aliens dropped on this earth many years ago and our crop is everything that moves. Every so often our alien masters sends a group new aliens to refresh us in technology and the like ie the whoever invented the wheel, the industrial revolution etc. So sit easy and feast on all the animals you can cos that is what we like. The alien masters will be coming soon to relocate all hipsters to another planet where insects are the size of houses and big boots causes foot rot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

just kill yourself and the aliens can't harvest you, though humans might instead...

dibs on the liver!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Have you ppl not seen Ancient Aliens?

All Religion is based on Aliens, the Orange guy with the wacky hair said so...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Can you expand on your theory? Darwins was much more compelling, even managed to get a big fúck ass book out of it, yet your's will just about fit on a post it. Or do you have graphics to fill up the rest of a pamphlet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

seek professional help at your nearest mental hospital :D

Can you expand on your theory? Darwins was much more compelling, even managed to get a big fúck ass book out of it, yet your's will just about fit on a post it. Or do you have graphics to fill up the rest of a pamphlet?

Self explanatory.What more do you need.

• Advertisement

I think the Americans being the "ripest"may be harvested first.African nations could be left for a while,although tropical people should do for dessert.

I honestly have no idea why scientology is universally slagged so much more than other religions.
    They're all equally cuckoo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

**** yourself and walk up to people and ask them "Do you think I shat myself?"

I honestly have no idea why scientology is universally slagged so much more than other religions.
    They're all equally cuckoo.

Short version:

It comes down to the sheer blatancy in some cases over their methods to extract money.
    While ALL religions one way or another asks for your money, subtle or outright, by asking of envelope donations and/or passing around the basket (of which you then have a choice still of how much little or large you put in) - Scientology is nothing but a pure business venture from the very start disguised later as a religion ONLY to get tax free status!

It certainly deserves all the slagging it gets - others maybe too to some extent also but Scientology is out there on its own for the financial stupidity it is and the stupidity of the sheer contents within it regarding aliens that the cult member has to fork out for paying to hear about!

Daftness of the highest order.
    ...Well in the case of Scientology - the lowest 'order' of them all!

Short version:

It comes down to the sheer blatancy in some cases over their methods to extract money.
    While ALL religions one way or another asks for your money, subtle or outright, by asking of envelope donations and/or passing around the basket (of which you then have a choice still of how much little or large you put in) - Scientology is nothing but a pure business venture from the very start disguised later as a religion ONLY to get tax free status!

It certainly deserves all the slagging it gets - others maybe too to some extent also but Scientology is out there on its own for the financial stupidity it is and the stupidity of the sheer contents within it regarding aliens that the cult member has to fork out for paying to hear about!

Daftness of the highest order.
    ...Well in the case of Scientology - the lowest 'order' of them all!

I still don't see the difference tbh.
    All the organised religions have their leaders that sit on thrones and sh1t gold that they have acquired from its followers - they are all businesses - they are all corrupt - they are all ridiculous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There are many reasons why ancient aliens is a load of nonsense. I also liked the original episode of ancient aliens but as the show went on they basically ruined the original concept by throwing in way to many examples that obviously had nothing to do with aliens.

The first and most important reason aliens have no interest in anything on earth is because we have absolutely nothing they could need. We have no resource on earth that they couldn't get anywhere else much easier. Why try and pull water off a giant planet when you can just grab it off an asteroid?

The only benefit aliens could get out of earth is by studying the life on it. Which would mean as little interference as possible. If anything earth has a heritage order on it and we won't be seeing any aliens until they feel we're more on a par with them.

Even using us for some sort of biological test doesn't make sense. Our scientist don't inject genes into an animal and return it to the wild, we do all our experiments in labs where we can control the environment if we didn't the results would be meaningless.

Protein

I still don't see the difference tbh.
    All the organised religions have their leaders that sit on thrones and sh1t gold that they have acquired from its followers - they are all businesses - they are all corrupt - they are all ridiculous!

Well its all about perspective and I'm not greatly arguing with you or your point.

Some other religions while also having a money raking tendency (to say the least), at least they also set-out from their start (before they became further corrupted it might be argued, by humans that are prone to their humanistic traits which lead to eventual faults) that they originated with the best of intentions regardless of original monetary wealth within and/or asking of its original followers.

Whereas Scientology from the utter very start is a whole different sad ball game.
    As soon as they have you suckered in, there goes your cash, your back account, your life, your once friends and family.
    No other more genuine even half decent religion operates like they do from the very start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

but at least you get a free personality test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭books4sale

All joking aside...

There is no such thing as aliens, they don't exist, it's man made joke same as religion.

The only ones who believe in Aliens are whackjobs and innocent Americans.

That's a fact.

• Advertisement
Advertisement