Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alien harvest

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

books4sale wrote: »
    All joking aside...

There is no such thing as aliens, they don't exist, it's man made joke same as religion.

The only ones who believe in Aliens are whackjobs and innocent Americans.

That's a fact.
    It's statistically likely that there is alien life. It's completely different from religion in every way. To say there is a particular alien doing anything in particular on earth or to creatures from earth is more than likely nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shuridunno

kneemos wrote: »
    I have a theory (which is right)that we were "planted"here by aliens and they will be back when we reach a certain population (or when then the crop is ripe)what should I do.

Its ok, we know about you and have special plans for you.

We will spare you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I still don't see the difference tbh.
    All the organised religions have their leaders that sit on thrones and sh1t gold that they have acquired from its followers - they are all businesses - they are all corrupt - they are all ridiculous!

There are degrees. Your cynicism is maybe putting you off how bad of an organization it is even compared to other religions. Not historically mind but that's neither here nor there when it comes to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

All joking aside...

There is no such thing as aliens, they don't exist, it's man made joke same as religion.

The only ones who believe in Aliens are whackjobs and innocent Americans.

That's a fact.

Where life is possible it exists

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

If we really were just a crop awaiting harvesting by super-intelligent aliens who planted us, wouldn't you think we'd be a bit better tended, there would be fewer losses through wars, famines and epidemics and our growth substrate (i.e. the biosphere) would be kept in better nick by those ET farmers?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

personally i think the chinese or indian will harvest us all... at the rate of population growth in those countries they will soon be running out of food.... so humans will be on the menu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭books4sale

ScumLord wrote: »
    It's statistically likely that there is alien life. It's completely different from religion in every way. To say there is a particular alien doing anything in particular on earth or to creatures from earth is more than likely nonsense.

Some theories say the universe could be a hologram, aliens cant live on holograms but I respect your opinion.

Some theories say the universe could be a hologram, aliens cant live on holograms.
    If the universe is a hologram and we can live on it, then surely the aliens can too.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

I think we came from an asteroid that hit the earth and it contained little alien life that sprouted into humans,srs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

yeah i saw wraith hive ship in the night sky last night, they are forcing it to rain for the summer so we will all be nice a ripe for there autumn harvest,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I have a theory (which is right)that we were "planted"here by aliens and they will be back when we reach a certain population (or when then the crop is ripe)what should I do.

I have a theory that you watched any of a dozen movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

H.G. Wells has alot to answer for if you ask me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

davet82 wrote: »
    H.G. Wells has alot to answer for if you ask me...

ok do you think H.G. Wells has a lot to answer for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

ok do you think H.G. Wells has a lot to answer for

i thought that was pretty clear in the statement :confused:

• Advertisement

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    If we really were just a crop awaiting harvesting by super-intelligent aliens who planted us, wouldn't you think we'd be a bit better tended, there would be fewer losses through wars, famines and epidemics and our growth substrate (i.e. the biosphere) would be kept in better nick by those ET farmers?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Theres waste in every crop.

davet82 wrote: »
    i thought that was pretty clear in the statement :confused:

no it was, H.G. Wells has a lot to answer for if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

no it was, H.G. Wells has a lot to answer for if you ask me.

Ok do you think H.G. Wells has a lot to answer for?

Ok do you think H.G. Wells has a lot to answer for?

not so sure, ask davet82 he seems to be well up on it.

not so sure, ask davet82 he seems to be well up on it.

damn you, i just wanted to sound smart and bully the OP, you've exposed me, thanks :mad:

who is H.G. Wells? :p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Baneblade wrote: »
    but at least you get a free personality test

...They just didn't expect to get "Butchering Psycho" as a result with mine! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

In the universe, anything is possible.

(But you have watched too much Prometheus)

I have a theory that an alien ship stopped on Earth briefly billions of years ago. One of the aliens got out and took a crap in a tide pool. The bacteria on his stool over billions of years evolved into us.
    Whereas Scientology from the utter very start is a whole different sad ball game.

More a cult than a religion.

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    In the universe, anything is possible.

(But you have watched too much Prometheus)

I have a theory that an alien ship stopped on Earth briefly billions of years ago. One of the aliens got out and took a crap in a tide pool. The bacteria on his stool over billions of years evolved into us.

they had a spaceship and used stools
    BOLLOCKS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

"Stool" as in "Shit"...

"Stool" as in "Shit"...

AHHH! ok I get you they were made from chipboard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Surely the Aliens would have picked a species that didn't have much hope of evolving into an intelligent, aggressive and nuclear-armed bunch of mad bastards such as ourselves? Why not Cows? Mostly docile, good eating on them, get milk from them too, and leather.

You can get **** all eating from a human tbh. If Aliens came and tried to take the planet by force, they would probably win, but I reckon we'd nuke the **** out of the planet and render it useless.

Augmerson wrote: »
    Surely the Aliens would have picked a species that didn't have much hope of evolving into an intelligent, aggressive and nuclear-armed bunch of mad bastards such as ourselves? Why not Cows? Mostly docile, good eating on them, get milk from them too, and leather.

You can get **** all eating from a human tbh. If Aliens came and tried to take the planet by force, they would probably win, but I reckon we'd nuke the **** out of the planet and render it useless.

America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

Augmerson wrote: »

A Black Guy a Jew and a Drunk would work better then Nukes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Cool story, brometheus.

Rhyme wrote: »
    Cool story, brometheus.

What the hell is this prometheus people keep mentioning.?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

The first and most important reason aliens have no interest in anything on earth is because we have absolutely nothing they could need.

A planet that supports complex life? The only one (that we so far know) in the solar system as well as the whole universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

Bio-Harvester craft from National geographic alien invasion show

http://jingreed.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c73fe53ef015437c59f1b970c-800wi

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Bio-Harvester craft from National geographic alien invasion show

http://jingreed.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c73fe53ef015437c59f1b970c-800wi

Think I saw one of them out the back yesterday

Seriously OP, how many times have you seen Prometheus?

Think I saw one of them out the back yesterday

Seriously OP, how many times have you seen Prometheus?

Never.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭cml387

The "humankind being harvested" idea is not from Prometheus.

Nigel Kneale did it in 1980 in the TV series Quatermass (available on the tube that is you, or was).

Giant beams coming down from space and emptying Wembly stadium.

Thought you should know.

cml387 wrote: »
    The "humankind being harvested" idea is not from Prometheus.

Nigel Kneale did it in 1980 in the TV series Quatermass (available on the tube that is you, or was).

Giant beams coming down from space and emptying Wembly stadium.

Thought you should know.

Great minds are thinking alike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

The first and most important reason aliens have no interest in anything on earth is because we have absolutely nothing they could need. We have no resource on earth that they couldn't get anywhere else much easier. Why try and pull water off a giant planet when you can just grab it off an asteroid?

Even using us for some sort of biological test doesn't make sense. Our scientist don't inject genes into an animal and return it to the wild, we do all our experiments in labs where we can control the environment if we didn't the results would be meaningless.

i know this is AH but jeezuz

how do you know this ?

are you some kind of galactic science expert - with the ear of the king alien who tells you everything ?

your presumptions are astounding .

how do you know we have nothing they could want , or us an an experiment is pointless ?

do you know them ?

did you ask them ?

amazing incredibly blinkered presumptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

alphabeat wrote: »

how do you know this ?

are you some kind of galactic science expert - with the ear of the king alien who tells you everything ?

how do you know we have nothing they could want , or us an an experiment is pointless ?

do you know them ?

did you ask them ?

I know this is AH but your rebuttal isn't up to scratch.

do you know them ?

did you ask them ?

seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

I'm not going to read past the op, but you can't be fcuking serious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

I know this is AH but your rebuttal isn't up to scratch.

do you know them ?

did you ask them ?

seriously?

its not a rebuttal, more a comment on the posters all knowing arrogance

yeah , seriously .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shizz

how do you know this ?

do you know them ?

did you ask them ?

Presumptions they may be, but they are likely due to the logic he has used. At least he gave reasons and not just statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

cut back abit on the scrumpeys.............;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

No everyone knows that we were actually given alien DNA at some stage in our history (possibly why we cant find a missing link at all) and are now living alien/human hybrids. Get with the program man sheesh

*Adjust tin foil hat and stares into deep space*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

PANDAS WILL RETURN TO HARVEST YOU ALL!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭jaspertheghost

give up the ol wacky backy,twould be for the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mairzydoats

Any idea when we reach full ripeness? You have me scared now.

Any idea when we reach full ripeness? You have me scared now.

Nine billion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Nine billion.

Not until 2050 - grand so.

Paaaaaarty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Very unlikely, they wouldnt allow us to develop nuclear weapons or go to war with each other. Cant be having the livestock killing each other ;)

how do you know this ?

Yes, I bring this up at the intergalactic council every so often "Should we invade earth"? Everyone just laughs. It would be like the worlds top biologist going to a chimpanzee tribe and steeling the fruit they picked off the trees.
    Thank you.
    Bar the particular brand of life that's on this planet it's no different than millions of other planets. Because the aliens evolved on a completely different planet their biology may be completely incompatible with ours. If they can travel through the vastness of space they have solved many problems and are I'm assuming, completely independent of planetary biological systems in their space ship.

• Advertisement
Advertisement