Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to bounce?

Options
  • 25-06-2012 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

Hi ladies,
    I was just wondering at what stage in pregnancy is it recommended to purchase one of the birthing or gym balls?

You think i would know these things on number two, i found out last time at the ante natal class when i was about 36weeks, but i am sure i should have been using it weeks before that point?!

At what point did ye start to use the gym/birthing balls?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I've found it great from around 7 months on when my hips started getting sore & it's harder to keep my posture. I think I bought it before that though.

There's actually no harm getting it now & sitting on it in the evenings, it's good for your posture & it's quite comfy. My back always feels better after a spell on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

You can use them throughout the pregnancy, but as for bouncing they say it encourages baby to move down so maybe don't do that until close to the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Don't think you are actually supposed to bounce!!! You are meant to move in such a way that your hips do the figure of 8 shape when sitting on it!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

we were told to bounce at our last antenatal class, now its not space hopper bouncing but gentle bouncing.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭SSFG

We were told to rock from side to side and front to back, and rotate our pelvis doing figure 8's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

:D:D:D

I didnt mean space hop bounce around the place. But yeah i was informed at ante natal classes to bounce lightly coming to the end to bring babys head down.

Thats a long time away for me though, i have lots more pregnancy to enjoy but i may invest in one soon, just to have it.

Im between 5'5 and 5'6 so i was thinking the 65com would do me perfectly or would ye recommend getting it a bit bigger?

Advertisement