Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Many Years Can You Repeat?

• 25-06-2012 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hey Guys

Basically I'm in a crappy situation , failed some of my summer tests and won't be able to make the repeats in august as I've got something worth more than the potential 1250 I'd have to pay to repeat the year going on
    I'm just wondering what are the rules on doing first year a third time ?
    I'm a Dunce I know ect ect
    I don't need condescending comments , I'm not a grant student , never will be able to get one anyway , and I've paid for college my self so no freeloader remarks please

So just wondering is it possible to do the year a third time , and what happens with regards to modules , do I have to sit them all or just the 15 credits i've missed last year and this :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

It varies a lot by department/school.

e.g. for science see here.

You can see that for some depts/schools you must pass the 2nd year within 3 years of the date of first registration of first year.

Exemptions can be for 5 years or for 2 (computer science), so look up the regulations for your own course.

If you do decide to do something, I'd urge you to get in touch with the appropriate person in the university, and talk to them about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

Thanks !

Any idea of the commerce faculty ?

Or where did you get that link ?
    Cheers

edit I found it !

Three-year rule
    Generally, there is an overall limit of three years from the date of registration to pass first,
    second and subsequent years of an undergraduate degree course in the Faculty of
    Commerce.

So does this mean I can not repeat the year a second time ?

I know I'll have to talk to the college I'm just trying to gather my info before doing that ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Thank god for google,

http://www.ucc.ie/en/commerce/current/handbook/exams/

Three-year Rule

Generally, there is an overall limit of three years from the date of registration to pass first, second and subsequent years of an undergraduate degree course in the Faculty of Commerce.

From my reading next year is you last chance saloon. Would be best to ring the faculty and get confirmation. Also worth dropping up to or ringing SU for some advice. The SU may also be able to help you in getting help with study groups ect.

Just see you posted it, my reading is you have 3 years to pass first year.

Advertisement