Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPad 2 rebooting

• 25-06-2012 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

Warranty is out in two weeks so I may take it back to the shop where I got it.

For the past couple of weeks my iPad keeps rebooting out of the blue. Battery is fine, it may reboot 3 or 4 times straight after another and then be fine for a day or 2 and then reboots again. I have it Jailbroken so I wiped it and restored it w/o Jailbreak with minimum apps but the same thing happens.

It's the 16GB Wifi White model. I've googled the problem and it's does happen to quite a few people. Any other suggestions? Should I just take it back to the shop before the warranty runs out?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

AntiRip wrote: »
    Warranty is out in two weeks so I may take it back to the shop where I got it.

For the past couple of weeks my iPad keeps rebooting out of the blue. Battery is fine, it may reboot 3 or 4 times straight after another and then be fine for a day or 2 and then reboots again. I have it Jailbroken so I wiped it and restored it w/o Jailbreak with minimum apps but the same thing happens.

It's the 16GB Wifi White model. I've googled the problem and it's does happen to quite a few people. Any other suggestions? Should I just take it back to the shop before the warranty runs out?

Thanks
    Use the warranty, now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

dodzy wrote: »
    Use the warranty, now.

It may have been a silly question really as the warranty is up too soon to try any suggestions. I could re-download 5.1.1 firmware and restore again but the window of the warranty is too soon.

Thanks for the reply dodzy

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It may have been a silly question really as the warranty is up too soon to try any suggestions. I could re-download 5.1.1 firmware and restore again but the window of the warranty is too soon.

Thanks for the reply dodzy

Ring Apple. It'll be sorted out much more quickly if you go to them directly.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Ring Apple. It'll be sorted out much more quickly if you go to them directly.

Telephone technical support expired (90 days only)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Telephone technical support expired (90 days only)

apple.com/ie>support> self service repair. Do it all through the website, no need to ring.

• Advertisement

whiterebel wrote: »
    apple.com/ie>support> self service repair. Do it all through the website, no need to ring.

Yep just did it. They will send out a box so you can send it back. One part of the email concerned me though
    WARNING: Apple has discovered that some of the unauthorized unlocking programs available on the Internet may cause irreparable damage to the operating system software for your device. As part of the service process, Apple will update the operating system software to the latest version. IF YOU HAVE MODIFIED THE OPERATING SYSTEM SOFTWARE, YOUR DEVICE MAY BECOME PERMANENTLY INOPERABLE WHEN APPLE UPDATES THE SOFTWARE. Making unauthorized modifications to the operating system software violates Apple's software license agreement, and the inability to use your device due to unauthorized software modifications is not covered under your hardware warranty.

I've had the iPad Jailbroken but it is restored now. Is there any way they will know it's been JB ?

Also the quoted text above says your device may become inoperable when they update it. Is that there to scare people off that have JB or is it possible?

Yep just did it. They will send out a box so you can send it back. One part of the email concerned me though

I've had the iPad Jailbroken but it is restored now. Is there any way they will know it's been JB ?

Also the quoted text above says your device may become inoperable when they update it. Is that there to scare people off that have JB or is it possible?

Anythings possible. You have restored it now, they won't know.

Advertisement