Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPod 4

• 25-06-2012 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the best thread location for this, Mods please feel free to move if necessary.

I have been given a ipod 4 thats completely unused, its still got the wrapping on it and completely sealed in, it was in storage for the last 7 years or so.

Would it be worth anything above the norm because its in this condition, I have had a look on eBay but generally most of them are used and only worth around 30 euro.

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

You have to refresh my memory , which one is the ipod 4 :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

One of these I assume?

apple-ipod-4th-generation-20gb_1.jpg

Even unopened, it's very old, OP. The battery probably isn't much use after sitting in storage for 7 years. You'd have to open it to test it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Aye thats the one alright, I'm not sure what condition the battery would be in, I dont think many people would be interested in it as a music player, more for a collector I would think, the fact its unopened might appeal to someone out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Keep it in the box, in storage. It'll be worth money as a collector's item by around 2035 (you might even be able to sell it back to Apple) but at the moment it's really just a piece of junk outdated technology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I'd leave it in the box, sure why not. I assume you have an mp3 already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

yea, no need to open it, I could be sitting on a goldmine in 35 years

Advertisement